Chapter 20

I dedicate this chapter to the beautiful @katstrattford i have so much appreciation for you right now. Thank you for always supporting :-)

 Michael's P.O.V <3

I had knocked twice, but there was no answer so I entered her room. Just as I thought, she was still fast asleep. I walked over to her bedside and sat on the space next to her. Being careful not to wake her, I sat down slowly. Hopefully she won't feel the bed dip in.

She looked so peaceful, like she had no care in the world. An aura of softness and innocence surrounding her. Her hand lay almost protectively on her stomach. Gently I place mine on her warm hand.

It is still hard for me to wrap my my head around the fact that she is mine again. Knowing that I got her again put me at peace in the sense of knowing that when she said those things to me about everything being a mistake between us, she had not meant it. Also, the conversation I had with Shaylene some time back proves to be right. Something had made her do that. All I got to do now is to show her that no matter what it is that hurt her like that, I will not walk away from her.

And that is a promise. A silent promise I make to myself. A silent promise I make to her.

She shifted a bit in bed, turning on her side. This movement made a few strands fall over her face. I reached out and pushed her hair back. I kept my touch light, not wanting to be a disturbance to her, but also in a way wanting her to wake up. I guess I am getting pretty much impatient.

Wake up, sweetheart, I chanted in my head.

I ran my fingers softly through her hair, causing her to moan in irritation. She rubs her eyes and wakes up, looking at me in confusion.

"What time is it?" She asked as she sat up in bed.

"Time to give me some attention" I said in a small voice. She rolled her eyes and smiled at me. "I was sitting here for a few light years waiting for you to wake up-"

"Yeah right. You came in here a few minutes ago. I heard your footsteps. I felt the bed dip in when you sat next to me, and then I felt you push my hair back", she said as she ticked off my actions on her fingers.

"Then why were you preteding to sleep?" I asked.

"I guess I thought that it would make you leave, but never mind... You still here" she said with a big sigh.

"Fine. I'll just go now then" I said dramatically and got up and walked to the door. I was about to open it when I felt her arms around me. She was hugging me from behind.

"Oh Michael! You can't leave me! You promised!" She cried. "Please don't go!"

I started to panic and quickly turned around to reassure her that I'll never leave. When I did turn around, instead of tears, I saw her trying to hold back laughter. "Don't do that" I said and hugged her. "I thought you were being seroius."

"Uh... I forgot to tell you that I am good at acting" She said with a shrug.

"Great! I fell for a drama queen"

"You think that's bad? How do you think I should feel knowing that the guy I'm with is a drama king?"

"Excuse me?" I gasped. "I am not in any way dramatic. And as for you, I'll be watching you closely to see whether you be acting or not."

"Blah, Blah. Is all I hear right now" she flipped me off and took a step back.

"I will not having you speak to me with such a stinking attitude, young lady"

The only response I got was her soft laughter. When her laughter died down, she had a breathtaking smile on her face.

"I'm just going to get done. I'll meet you down there for breakfast." She kissed me cheek and left the room.