chapter four

I arrived at Shaylene's house in twenty minutes, makin me five minutes late. I hope she doesn't have my head for this. You see, she believes that you must be on time for everything, she really hates being late. When she sets a time, it has to be then, not a minute late. But who knows, maybe she is too excited to me ,that she forgets about the time.

I got out of the car, looking at my surroundings, noticing that only a few changes were made. Not much different, though. I knocked twice, and the door swung open, revealing a very excited Shaylene. Roughly, she pulled me into a hug, I almost fell over my feet but got my footing right, so, I hugged her back.

"Oh my- is it really you? You look so much different!" she squealed in my ear, making me wince. I think I forgot to mention that Shaylene over here has a high pitched voice, so imagine the trauma my ears are going through.

"No, it's Santa Claus!" I replied in a high pitched voice, trying to sound like her, but failing miserably.

"Ha ha, very funny, Remind me when to actually laugh" she said, giving me a flat stare, but I could see she is trying hard to keep herself from smiling. "But, you really do look different Michael" she then said, looking me up and down.

"How different?" I asked, curiously.

"You look more... How can I say? More... Muscular. Yeah, that's it! You look more muscular! " she finished excitedly.

"Muscular?" I asked, confused.

"Yeah, before you left, you looked so much like a girl, but you came back, looking like a man!" she said, patting my back, like a proud father.

"I did not look like a girl!" I said, feeling offended by what she just said. I always looked manly!

"Oh please Michael, who are you trying to convince? Face it, buddy-boy!" she said.

I crossed my arms over my chest, and asked, still offended, "Then what is so different about me now?"

"Before, you were so skinny, girlish looking. You would stand next to a wall, and I would ask myself where did that sudden crack come from, then would take a closer look,but it would just be you. Also, you use to be so thin that you could dodge the raindrops. Oh my word! Don't let me get started on the rest!" she said, as if I really was that hideous looking. She made me speechless, all I could do was stand there, with my jaw hanging low on the floor. "But look on the bright side, you shook that look off in no time. You total eye candy now! I bet you hiding a rock hard 8pac underneath that shirt" She said, enthusiastically.

Feeling the sudden pride rise within me again, I said, "of cause! Wanna see?"

"ah ha, lets see" she said, folding her arms over chest. I pulled my shirt up, revealing my well sculptured abs. Her eyes widened, then her hands flew up to her eyes,covering them. I laughed loudly at her reaction. "Dude, what the hell! cover yourself! What you trying to do? Seduce me? hell no Michael, I'm your cousin! "

"What! No,eww woman! That is the last thing on my mind!" I said, quickly pulling my shirt down.

"If that really is the last thing on your mind, then why did you show me your body like that?" she asked, accusingly.

"I didn't show you my body, just my abs- hey! but you asked to see it!"

"I know, and boy, was it hot, just like the food inside" She said, pointing in the direction of the front door, throwing me a hint that we should head inside. I hadn't noticed that the whole time, we were standing outside.

We entered her house, and was instantly hit with the sweet scent of food. She lead me to the dining room, and told me to wait here, she just wants to get her friend in the room. I hope this friend is not some guy. I'm just protective over her, she is like a big sister to me, and the last thing I want is for some guy to hurt her." She is twenty-five, two years older than me, she can make her own decisions, but she always chooses the wrong guys.

"Your friend?" I asked, wanting to know the gender of this person.

"yeah,my friend, she is upstairs. I have to go call her" she replied, leaving the dining room.

Knowing it is a girl, I let out a breathe, I didn't know I was holding, and relaxed, instantly.