Chapter 23

oh my gosh< i am so freaken sorry for taking this long to upload. i know i know... plzzz dont kill me.

things were just really hectic and still is... uhm so plz forgiv me. i hope that u enjoy this chapter. plz vote and comment

Chapter 23

The house was filled with tension since the date Cassidy and I had in the park. Since then she has become a bit distant. I dont know what it is or why she is acting this way. As far as I know, I have not done anything wrong neither have something happened.

Maybe the day at the park triggered a bad memory. Yes, that could be it.

I was on my way to Shaylene's room. I needed her help. Maybe she could get Cassidy to speak to her since I am being avoided.

I do not know what I have done, but it is driving me crazy.

I miss her.

I knocked softly on her bedroom door. Everthing was silent so I entered the room. She lay curled up in bed. I made my way to her seeing that she is not asleep, but reading a book with her earphones in her ears.

"Shay?" I called out, but received no reaction. "Shaylene?" I gently nudged her.

Taking her earphones out and putting the book down, looking at me with raised brows. " Any particular reason why you just disturbed the steamy romance that was about to happen?"

I hummed in confusion not knowing what she is talking about. She sighed and rolled her eyes. "The book. I'm talking about the book. Something steamy was about to happen"

"Oh" was all I said.

I sat down with my back facing her and stared blindly at the floor. I felt the bed dip a bit behind me. She wrapped her arms around my shoulders. I smiled slightly at her way of comforting me.

"Speak or forever hold your peace", she said in a teasing manner. After my silence, I heard her sigh. "Okay, spit it out, Michael. Obviously something must be wrong."

"You know why I'm here." I looked out the window, concentrating on how the rain was beating against it and the drops rolling down in endless trails.

"Cassidy?" she questioned and I nodded slightly. "Oh, Michael!" Her arms tightened around me. "What did I tell you before?"

"To give her space and wait till she is ready to talk?" I said, but it came out more as a question.

"Correct. And are you doing that?"

"I... No... I'm not" I stumbled over my words.

"What did I tell you about what that will do?"

"Push her away", I grumbled. I felt like a child that was being reprimanded by his parent, with the way she is talking to me.

"Exactly", she exclaimed a bit too loudly in my ear.

"But, Shaylene-" I started, trying to find the right words. I took a deep breath and continued, "-if you don't ask about it, then that is a problem too. Most women take that as a sign of you not caring about them."

"I know" she shrugged." then again, did she promise that things will not be complicated?"

"No" I answered, not knowing where she is heading with this.

"So, there you have it! You wanted her love and trust, walking blindfoldedly into a challenge."

"What does that have to do with the price of eggs?" I asked, wrinkeling my nose.

Shaylene made me sit and face her.

"It has everything to do with the price of eggs and they are expensive!" She sighed dramatically. "Look, Michael. What I am trying to say is that things wont be easy, you and I both know that. You knew that this would be a great challenge, taking note of the way things are with her. I suggest you be calm about it and not nag the wholeday-"