Chapter 16

Elijah's point of view.

There was a blur in front of me, it was moving, waving maybe even so. The blur was making sounds, but I couldn't make words of it. I ignored it and reached for another object that I could shatter in a thousand pieces.

There was none. All there was, was a pile of broken things, wood and glass shattered around the floor. It looked hopeless. Just as broken as my mind was right now, my emotions.

I turned around making a move at the wall with my fist. I needed to break things, all my life I was dedicated to fixing things that were broken. But I could no longer match the definition fixing with broken. All of it was gone. Hayley, she was gone.

The blur moved in front of me again, hauling me away from the wall. I jerked it to the side. Yet unknown to me who it was. My fist reached out to hit the wall again. Physical Pain was the only thing that could lessen the mental pain that was seeping through my veins, just a little.

This time I felt arms curl around my back, holding my arms. I fought back, but it was too strong, it's grip was too tight. My brain registered words for the first time. "ELIJAH CALM DOWN. Brother calm down it's all going to be okay.", I could recall the voice. It was familiar.

"Brother...?", I Whispered as ragged breathing shot through my lungs.

I dropped to my knees. My shoulders slumped down. My face falling defeated in my hands.

"Elijah what have you done?!" My brother's voice shimmered through. But not nearly enough to reach me. Not enough to break through the ruins that surrounded my every being.

"Everything is over, everything is ruined. She was everything. I loved her and now she's gone." my hands went to cover my eyes.

Klaus roughly lifted my face. "What happened Elijah?"

I looked up to him. My eyes showing that I was totally lost "Hayley is gone."

"What do you mean she is gone," klaus frowned.

I got to my feet and poured myself a scotch, throwing it down my throat in one gulp.
"I was afraid that Esther and Mikael would go after Hayley because of her importance to us. What she means to us. She's not safe here, Niklaus." My voice sounded hoarse and croaked. I picked up the entire bottle of scotch and took a swig.

Klaus snitched the bottle from my hands. "And Hayley willing packed her bags and walked out the door like that?!" He spoke with fervor, his thick British accent clear.

"No she didn't." I answered looking down as I closed my eyes.

"What have you done, Elijah?!" This time it wasn't a question anymore, Klaus was angry.

"I did what I had to do to protect her brother!" Emotions got ahold of me.

"Protect her?" Irony shimmered through his voice, "protect her," he repeated gritting his teeth. "She's a young hybrid, Elijah. She doesn't have her feelings under control yet, and everything is heightened. She just lost her daughter, and you think adding the second most important person in her life on the list of lost people is gonna help her?!" He shook his head. "She's losing it."

My eyes widened. "Her humanity.." I added softly, looking absently. My head shot up. "I have to find her."