Chapter 12

Hayley swirled a little in front of the mirror as she took in her dress. Inspecting in from top to toe. "I think this might be the one", she murmured as she looked over her shoulder to Elijah who was tying his black gleaming shoes.

He looked up at Hayley, and trailed his eyes over her dress. He took in the beautiful black material. Appreciating the slit that ran from her knees up to high on her thigh, complimenting her long beautiful legs. "I think it's lovely." He spoke looking up to Hayley who looked back in the mirror again.

"I don't know," she said pouting her lip.

"Hayley..," Elijah sighed as he stood up, "you said that about the past 8 dresses you have tried. Do I have to repeat that I do not care what you wear? You looked impeachable in the first dress you wore and you do in the dress you're wearing now, and also in the 6 other dresses you've tried this evening." He said, a smile playing on his lips.

"I know, it's just...,"Hayley murmured, "this is the first time I'm having dinner with the Mikaelson family, and I just want to look proper, okay?" she finally said as she reached behind her back to zip her dress closed, however her hands got caught by Elijah in the process.

Hayley looked surprised up in the mirror to meet his eyes. "Let me do that." Elijah spoke as he pulled the zipper as slowly as possible up. His knuckles tracing against her skin, and Hayley closed her eyes upon the feeling, biting in her lip.

Elijah gripped her shoulders and started massaging them. Hayley opened her eyes and looked at him laughing. "What is it?" Elijah asked curiously.

"Oh nothing", she said nonchalantly, "just having a little déjà vu moment." Elijah smirked at her.

"About what you said", Elijah inquired as he creased his forehead. "You mustn't forget, you're a Mikaelson now too."

"Well not really officially, so that doesn't count," Hayley said in an amused tone.

"Not yet", Elijah said a mischievous smile playing on his lips, the twinkle of joy clear in his eyes. Hayley laughed again before she turned to face him.

"Who knows what the near future has in store for us," she said playing along with him, her smile mirroring his own. She clasped her hands around his neck. Her thumb tracing over his stubble.

Elijah cupped her cheek, his other hand cupping hers. He smiled and stared adoringly in her eyes.

"No matter what the future brings us, with you I'll be happy" he spoke, his thumb caressing her kin.

Hayley smiled, already drawing her lips closer to his. "Hayley..." Elijah murmured, his eye lids heavy.

She pressed her soft lips against his for a few seconds before retreating her head a little.

"We shouldn't, Niklaus is probably already waiting downstairs." Elijah murmured, his lips hovering above hers.

Hayley smiled again, her fingers gripping in his soft locks before pulling his lips into hers. They collided and immediately opened, allowing each other entrance.

Both Elijah hands snaked around her waist. His fingers digging into her hips every time her lips made another pull for his. He tried to deny her, pulling away. "Hayley please..." he breathed before she stopped his words with her lips again.

"Don't stop" she breathed, jerking his body into hers after he tried to pull away again.

"I should, but I can't", Elijah said now with a husky voice, his heavy gaze burning over her face. He gripped his hand in her hair and pulled her roughly closer. His lips catching hers. He moved his head as his tongue moved in a different direction with every pull. The veins under his eyes thickened and his fangs burst through as her scent consumed him.

His fang scratched her lip and Elijah took a long pull as her blood seeped through. Hayley gripped his hair flinty, getting highly aroused by the feeling of him consuming her and she moaned softly.

"You lot, I don't want to be a pain. But I'm somehow getting food cravings from this." Klaus murmured from downstairs and Hayley and Elijah ripped expeditiously apart as their sensitive hearing caught his voice. "And I'm wearing a bloody suit" he added a few seconds.

Elijah cleared his throat, "We're coming Niklaus." Elijah said as he smiled watching Hayley roll her eyes.