Part 9

Mr. Skinner stayed on the platform with the dining room so that Alivia didn't have to carry him anywhere. Alivia left him on the platform and flew away. That was when Skinner realized that he didn't have a place to sleep. He yelled after Alivia, but she was too far away to hear him. Oh no, what am I going to do? It's okay, I will just make a nest out of leaves and sleep in an ally somewhere, Skinner thought. Mr. Skinner wandered around, gathering leaves for his nest. The nest ended up being more of a pile of leaves than a place to sleep, but Skinner was too tired to care. He collapsed onto the pile and almost immediately fell asleep.

Skinner once again found himself standing in a field of flowers. His nostrils filled with scent of lilacs. Have I been here before, Skinner wondered. He turned around to see Rossi standing there. "It's such a beautiful day, but not nearly as beautiful as you." Mr. Rossi says, staring deeply into Skinner's eyes. Skinner's heart was filled to the brim with joy and content. Rossi lifted him up and carried him across the field to a cherry tree in full bloom. A picnic blanket was laid out under the tree with a basket sat on top of it. Mr. Rossi gently set Skinner down onto the blanket. "Oh, Mr. Rossi, I lo-"

Mr. Skinner woke up to the sound of a loud gong. He got up, feeling a bit frustrated that he had to wake up from such a pleasant dream. Skinner stretched a bit, surprised that he felt so well rested after having slept on a pile of leaves in an ally. The banging of the gong meant that there was a meal in the dining hall, ready to eat. Alivia had told this to Mr. Skinner the night before, so he headed there hoping to find her. Skinner needed to know if there was a house where he could stay and he also wanted to hear more about this witch that she was talking about.

"If you want to sleep in a shelter you are going to have to build one, and if you are planning to return to your 'Earth' soon, you could just continue to sleep in the leaf pile. Besides, you have more important things to do than build a shelter." Alivia said. "Like what?" Asked Skinner. "You need to learn how to fly!" Alivia answered.

"But, what about the witch that you were telling me about?"

"She isn't even near the kingdom, you need to know how to fly to get to her."

"Fine then, I will learn to fly."