Part 11

Skinner was ready to leave for his journey to the Caves of Anime. I should probably find Alivia, he thought. Just then, Alivia walked into his ally. "Oh, I was just about to come look for you." Mr. Skinner noticed she wasn't carrying any bags. "Didn't you pack anything?" he questioned. "I am not coming with you on your quest, why would I pack anything?" Alivia answered. "You aren't? So does that mean this is the last time I will see you?"

"Yes, most likely. I just wanted to warn you before you left that on your way up the mountain you might find some other fairies. These are the garden fairies. They wear different clothing than us, you will be able distinguish them. They might look friendly, but I want you to stay away from them."

"Why should I stay away from them?"

"Allow me to explain, us wood fairies are noble warriors of the forest. We live in an area that isn't quite as food rich as the garden fairy territory. We have to work hard to survive. The garden fairies on the other hand, live in the meadow of flowers at the base of Mount Unclear Perception of Reality. As you know, fairies eat bees and the garden fairies have all the bees they could ever dream of-"

"Wait, you guys eat bugs?"

"Uh, yeah... you ate a bee burger last night in the dining hall, remember?

"I ATE WHAT?"

"Shut your little rat snout and let me finish my story!... Anyway, The garden fairies barely have to do any work and us wood fairies have to get our hands dirty. They look down on us. They think that they are superior." Alivia explained. "So, if you guys are strong warriors and they are weak and lazy, why don't you just attack them and take the territory for yourselves?" Skinner asked. "We tried that long ago, but did not succeed. You see, if you control the flowers, you not only control the bees, you also control the hummingbirds. My people used to think that hummingbirds were harmless creatures, but their long beaks are not just useful for eating nectar, they are also useful for stabbing. Just stay away from them." Alivia said. "Um, okay, I will. I guess it's time for me to leave now. Thanks for all of your help." said Skinner. "You are welcome. I hope you find your way back home."

And with that, Mr. Skinner was off to Mount unclear Perception of Reality. He zipped through the forest, dodging vines and branches. After a while, the trees began thinning. finally the forest opened up to a big beautiful meadow filled with vibrant flowers. This must be the place that Alivia was telling me about... Okay, so if I see one of the garden fairies, I will just ignore them, Skinner decided. He continued to fly over the meadow when suddenly something shot out of a bush below. It was a little boy. "A newcomer. I shall take you to my king!" The boy said excitedly. Before Skinner could object, the boy grabbed onto his arm and pulled him away.