Part 13

Skinner knew he had to go down the tunnel, but he was afraid of what he would find at the other end. He could sense a dark and powerful aura. That must be the witch, Skinner decided. Once he had finally worked up the courage, he began to slowly inch his way through the cave, being careful to not make a sound. The tunnel seemed to go on forever, but after a few minutes of creeping silently down the hall, Mr. Skinner could see a faint glow. He got to the end, crouched down, and slowly peaked around the corner. A cat with brown fur and a pointy hat was sitting on a stool and staring down into a cauldron. Could that be her?, Skinner wondered. The cauldron was glowing and seemed to be the source of the Japanese music. "I've been expecting you." the cat said. "Wait, that voice... It's so familiar..." Skinner trailed off. Suddenly he remembered and his eyes widened.

     It was the night of the wrestling match. Mr. Skinner wandered into the tattoo shop having had about five to many shots of hot chocolate. "I w-wunt a tuttoo of thez m-man!" Skinner said as he pulled a picture of Mr. Rossi out of his wallet. "A-and I wunt hem ta be a m-mermud!" he added. "Sure thing, boss!" said the woman behind the counter.

     "Yes, it is I, the person who gave you the tattoo." said the cat. "WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?" yelled Skinner. "You will find out soon enough." the witch replied. "Why am I here, and how?"

"The tattoo was made with magic ink. When one tattoo gets close enough to another tattoo made with magic ink, it opens up a portal."

"Okay... so how do I get back?" Skinner asked, unsure of what the witch meant.

"Just like most curses, this one can be broken with true love's kiss."

"So you're telling me that I have to find Rossi and kiss him?"

"Yes"

"can do!" a smile crept on Skinner's face "But where do I find him?"

"The one you seek is just on the other side of this mountain. Go to him, go to your true love!" The wise cat replied. Skinner did as she said and flew down the dark hallway and out the door.

     The storm was gone and the weather was warm. In fact, there wasn't a cloud in the sky. It was almost as if there was no storm at all. Skinner flew to the other side of the mountain and nose dived towards the ground. Mr. Skinner was happy to be going back home, but he had to admit that he was going to miss having wings and flying. As he got closer to the ground he realized that it wasn't the ground at all. It was water.

     Skinner spread his wings out and slowed down to a stop. He hovered above the water, feeling confused. Mr. Skinner looked around, but there was nothing but water as far as he could see. She made it seem like he would be just on the other side... and the sun is going down... what am I supposed to do now?, Skinner wondered. Just then, he saw a shadow slipping across the water. The shadow slowed down and then surfaced. It was a person with silver hair... it was...

Rossi