Twinge

Cara

It's been a solid week that Chris has been coming back well after 10 sometimes after 12. It doesn't add up to me because he usually comes home at around 6 or 7 if traffic is bad. Why is he staying so late. He hasn't even tried to give me an explanation. And he didn't start this until I told him I like him. Did I weird him out? Is he disgusted by me? Why did I open my stupid mouth. I sank deeper into the bathwater that had once been hot but is now closer to lukewarm. I've been soaking for almost an hour, lost in my own thoughts. I held my shriveled hand in front of my face, studying every wrinkle. I had already washed myself so basically I was just sitting and thinking. Why is he acting so different all of a sudden? Why is he...avoiding me...? I shouldn't have confessed to him. Now look at me. Shriveling away in a tub of lukewarm water. I jumped when I heard the door opening. I bathe in his bedroom because that's where I'm used to bathing. The bathtub in the guest bathroom feels weird to me, and the surroundings feel different.

I quickly let the water out and dried my body to get dressed. I heard him shuffling around and then female giggles. I raised my eyebrow at the sound. There was a few minutes pause before the giggles got more distant. I had to go down into my original form, which I haven't done in weeks, to investigate. There was a woman, probably taller than me as a human, clinging to him. He was holding her body up and trying to walk her down the hallway. She was obviously under the influence of something. Probably alcohol. She wouldn't keep her hands off of him, in fact she was touching him more than I had recently. She giggled, placing her lips on his ear. I saw a smile play at his lips as he protested weakly.

"C'mon now. Stop..." he didn't mean it.
"You want me don't you, Christopher?" She slurred.
"Not like this. You're drunk."
"If I wasn't?"
"...Let's just try to get you some sleep."
"You want me..."

She was climbing all over him now, trying to get her lips on him. I went back into the bathroom and stayed there until things quieted down...and the sudden chest pains I was having had gone away. It was around 2 in the morning and the whole house was dark with the exception of his tv burning. His bedroom door wasn't fully closed so I made my way out into the hallway and down the stairs. On my way down the hall I saw the guest room door was closed. I guess I'm stuck as a cat until that lady leaves.

Christopher

I woke up earlier than usual just to help Camilla out from last night. A bunch of my coworkers invited me out to have drinks and she had a few too many. She wouldn't go home with anyone but me so i took responsibility for her. I haven't seen Cara since I got home and I was starting to get a little worried. I pushed any negative thoughts aside as. I went downstairs to make some breakfast. Camilla came down not long after, as I was turning off the stove. She looked like she'd been through hell and high waters.

"Mornin, sunshine."
"Hi..."
"Hungover?"
"A bit..." She nodded, her palms pressed firmly to her temples.
"Sit down and have some breakfast."

I kept looking around to see if Cara was peeping around a corner or something but
She never was. I frowned deeply.

"Y'know," Camilla started as she held a coffee mug to her lips. "It's not good to frown like that. You'll get wrinkles."
"I'm not exactly worried about wrinkles."
"You should be. They'll mess up that pretty face of yours."

She smirked before taking a sip of her coffee. I opened my mouth to speak, but closed it quickly. I spotted Patches curled up in the furthest corner sleeping and felt relief wash over me. Glad to know she's home and not somewhere unsafe. I turned my attention back to Camilla.

"Shouldn't you get going?"
"I've got a little more time...if you wanted to do something...?"
"No I think I'm good. You need to rest up for work tomorrow anyway."

Cara

I stayed in the corner as a cat silently until whoever the lady was tried to pet me. I hissed at her. I don't know who she is or anything about her other than she wants who I want. She withdrew her hand quickly.

"She's not friendly with strangers." Chris gestured her to back away from me.
"Oh...that's fine..." she stuttered, gathering the bag she discarded last night while trying to make a pass at him. He watched her as she left. Before the door closes she threw a comment over her shoulder.

"I'll get you in bed one day, Chris. And you'll regret waiting so long."

He didn't deny her or anything. Just bit his lip and closed the door. I felt the pain in my chest return and took off into the house to recover again. I don't exactly know what these pains are, but I want them to stop.

––—————————————————

Yes it's shorter than usual. Maybe even a bit boring. I seem to develop narcolepsy whenever I open my editing function. Oops.

—CaraBearr💋