Property Damage

"Okay. You can go back to being Cara now!" I heard him call from the hallway.

I curled myself even tighter under the guest bed in hopes he'd never find me.

"Alright fine. Do whatever you want. I'm leaving. I'll be back later."

I watched his feet walk away from the open door. It wasn't long until I heard the front door clicking shut and locking. He really just left me here like this? He doesn't even work today. The pain in my chest was back and stronger than the last. Whatever this is, I don't like it. It needs to stop immediately. I prowled the house looking for something to do and found nothing. The most entertaining thing I could find was hopping to and from pieces of furniture. I jumped from a countertop in the kitchen to the table, knocking over some glass vase on accident. Whatever. He'll clean it up when he gets back. He could've at least left me something interesting to do.

Christopher

Since Cara confessed to me I've been lightly avoiding her. But why? What is it in me that's not okay with being with her? I shrugged off the thought as I pulled into a driveway. My niggas are having a get together and asked me to slide through. There's gonna be plenty of things to entertain myself with. Such as the women already feeling on me as I walked through the door.

"Damn, Papi you're looking good." A short Hispanic girl cooed at me with a red cup in her hand.
"Thanks shorty. You lookin good yourself."

She smiled up at me though I ended up pushing my way past her. I finally found my friends all huddled up on the couch with a couple blunts in rotation. I decided not to join that activity. It'd be fun but I have my job to worry about.

"Where's your girl?" Trey asked, passing the blunt to the left."
"She at the crib. This ain't her scene."
"You came to a party full of hoes without your girl?" August sat up from his semi-melted form on the couch.
"Aye listen, what shorty don't know won't hurt her."
"Whatever you say my nigga." he chuckled, reclining back into his previous position with the other blunt in rotation.

I sat on the part of the sofa that wasn't taken and it wasn't long until a girl strutted over with 2 of her friends. She started chatting up Jamal while her friends started talking to August and Trey. I spotted a girl across the house drinking alone sitting at the kitchen counter. I'm not gonna lie. She was fine as hell. Brown skin, shoulder-length straight black hair. She hadn't noticed me staring. I took it upon myself to approach her.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing alone at a party?"
"Oh this isn't my crowd...I'm here with some girlfriends. I'm just waiting for them to get tired so I can leave." She replied, not looking up from her drink.
"You could try and have a little fun. There's plenty of people around here to keep you busy until then."
"Oh yeah?" She asked, looking up to face me with hazel green eyes. "Like who?" She challenged.
"Well, baby girl. If you play your cards right it could be me." I shot her a smirk.
"Oh is that so?"
"Mmhm. You could be the lucky girl I spend my evening talking to."
"Oh thank you for such a great honor." She giggled.

After almost three hours of continuous flirting the girl, Maliyah, and I snuck out of the house to the backyard pool. I was reclining on a lawn chair when she straddled my lap and started kissing on my neck. I allowed my hands to caress her curves under her crop top. The music inside was loud enough to carry so well we could still hear it clearly. She placed her palms on my abs as she pushed my shirt up and started to kiss downward. She wasn't playing any games with me. She didn't hesitate to unbuckle my belt and jeans. When she saw what I was carrying her eyes widened.

"You're packin, huh..." she licked her lips, never shifting her eyes from her target.
"You could say that."

She smirked, lowering her head to start.

I came back home around 11. I was gone for a good 8 hours. After hooking up with Maliyah I started drinking. I'm not drunk but I did have a few. I started stripping on my way to my bedroom to get in the shower. I jumped in, scrubbed the conflicting scents alcohol and sex off of myself as quickly as possible, and got out. I'm wiped out. I fell into my bed and was asleep almost immediately.

When I woke up something in my house felt different. I got up to get dressed for work anyway. Luckily I didn't drink enough to have a hangover this morning. After I finished getting dressed I walked downstairs. What I saw didn't surprise me, it pissed me off.

"Cara WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO!" I yelled, causing her to flinch.
"I—"
"WHY DO YOU INSIST ON FUCKING DESTROYING MY SHIT? THIS IS THE ECOND FUCKING TIME. DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH IT'S GONNA COST TO REPLACE ALL THIS!?"

I waited for her to respond but when she didn't it only infuriated me further.

"THE NEXT FUCKING THING YOU BREAK IN HERE WILL BE YOUR LAST. IM KICKING YOU THE FUCK OUT!"

I looked around at all the damages. Glass broken, shit knocked all over the place, and she even clawed up my sofa. Not to mention all the trash scattered around. I have to replace my shit too frequently since she's been here. How fucking disrespectful can you get? Someone gives you a place to live and you fucking destroy everything you touch. As I stormed out of my house and locked my door I could faintly hear her say "You smelled different and her lipstick won't come off of your shirt and jeans." I thought back to last night and remembered Maliyah. Fuck. I'll be late for work if I don't leave right now. I got into my car and sped off.

As soon as I got off of work I drove home with every intention of apologizing to Cara for blowing up on her. I jumped out and fumbled with my keys for a minute before I got my front door unlocked.

"Cara! Hey where are you?" I called.

I never received an answer. When I went to change my clothes I found a note.

All I do lately is piss you off. I'm sorry for breaking
your things. I was really upset because you didn't
smell like yourself last night. You smelled like
alcohol and a perfume that I've never smelled before.
I lost it. And I really didn't mean to. I think
it'll be better if I just leave. Then you don't have
to take care of me or worry about me ever breaking
your things again. Maybe I'll see you around somewhere,
but if I do, please don't speak to me. I think I love you
and it'll just hurt. Thank you for caring for me
for this long. I enjoyed my time here. But
I guess this is goodbye...?
—Cara or rather, Patches