Two

"Alright class, that's all for today, I'll see you tomorrow." Mrs.Wilkes waved us off.

"Hey Dan. Dan. DAN!" A voice yelled behind me as I opened my locker. I turned around slowly expecting a punch. After a while I opened my eyes to see Phil looking at me questoningly. I put my arms down.

"Sorry." I said.

"Um, it's okay." He told me. "I was wondering if you wanted to maybe come over for dinner tonight. My mom is making stir fry."

"Oh, uh, sure!" I said excited.

"Great!" He smiled and hugged me. My eyes went wide. "Can I walk to class with you I'm kinda lost." Phil said meekly as I shook my head to clear it.

"Of course, no need to ask Phil." I smiled grabbing his forearm. We went to Literature, then P.E., then History and now,
I looked up at the door. It read Algebra II.

"It's this room sh*thead." I said turning around, seeing him continuing to walk.

"Oh, Okay." Phil laughed pulling me inside so we could sit together.

"Don't swear Daniel." He added.

We plopped down next to eachother and talked about stuff getting to know eachother but I was withholding some information. I didn't really mean to, its just a force of habit for me. I don't trust well. The only people that knew my actual sexuality were Mom, Adrian and Louise. Well Noah knew but I don't know if he counted. I didn't know if I wanted to tell Phil yet, so I was actually glad when Sam came by and smacked my head after Phil asked me.

"Ow!" I muttered rubbing the back of my head where he hit it.

"You okay?" Phil asked putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah." I replied ducking slightly. He put his hand on my knee and squeezed it lightly.

Sam threw a paper ball at my head it was really painful so there had to have been a rock I it, and Greg started cracking up. Phil lifted his hand off my knee and grabbed the paper ball. He chucked it at Sam and it hit him in the face.

"Doesn't feel so good does it Sam?" He spat and layed his hand on my knee again. Phil was very toutchy feely but so was I so it was fine. Sam and Greg left us alone for the rest of Algebra II and it was fantastic. I was just afraid of them hurting Phil.

We left Mr.Ross' classroom only for me to be tripped by Cam.

"Ugh." I pushed myself up before a foot stepped on my back pushing me back to the floor. I smashed my nose into the linolium. My eyes welled up.

"Ow!" I yelled putting my hand on my nose.

"BACK OFF!" Phil yelled.

"Phil stop!" I said getting up and dragging Phil back. "It's fine."

"No it's not!" He exclaimed. "Look at yourself!"

"It was a whole lot worse before you got here." I told him quietly. A tear rolling down my cheek"Can we go to the bathroom before we go back to your house?" I asked wiping the blood off my nose.

"Oh! Yeah, Of course there is no need to ask." Phil said softly wiping the tear with his thumb.

We walked to the bathroom together. I pushed open the door and cringed at my appearance.

"Erm, ew." I said laughing as I wiped away the blood.

"Are you okay?" Phil asked handing me another paper towel.

"Yeah, remember? A hell've a lot worse before you got here." I said washing the blood off my hands and turned to Phil. "Ready?"

"Yep." He said looking at my nose.