6. Gone Girl

"Clayton, I'll be fine. I promise." I tell him as I wrap my arms around his body. He sighs before speaking. "I just don't want you to get upset or something like that." Placing a kiss to his lips, I feel his body start to relax. "I'll be fine to go to the game. Alright?" He nods his head before slinging me over his shoulder.

Tossing me on the bed, he lays down next to me. It was only 1:15 and Clayton didn't have to be at the ballpark until 4:00. My head was resting on his chest as he ran his fingers through my curly hair. "Im thinking of dying some of my hair blue." I say as I drew circles on Clayton's stomach. "Oh really? I think you would look amazing with blue in your hair." He continues to play with my hair, causing me to fall asleep.

"Baby girl, we gotta go to the ballpark." Clayton whispered in my ear, sending shivers down my spine. I slowly stand up and put my shoes on before grabbing Clayton's hand.

We get to the ballpark and I start to walk slower. Clayton senses that my feet start to drag and pulls me into a hug. "I won't let him near you. Justin, Yasiel, Joc and all the rest of the guys will keep him away from you." He places a kiss to the top of my head. "I won't every do anything to hurt you or break your heart baby girl."

I walk into the dugout and sit down next to Joc. "Hey shortie." He says as he slings his arm around my shoulder. "Im 5'10, you're 6'1. It's only 3 inches!" I exclaim as he laughs. "But you are still shorter than me." I pulled out my phone and saw a text from Hunter Pence.

From: Pence
We know you are at the ball park, please come to the clubhouse and see us.

To: Pence
Not with him there.

From: Pence
He won't be here, I promise.

I sigh as I stand up. "Where are you going?" Joc asks me, confused on where I was going. "To talk to some people. I'll be back later." Walking into the visitors dugout, I begin the walk to the clubhouse. The tunnel was completely empty of people, only equipment filled the area. Voices could be heard, and Hunter's yelling stood out among the noise.

Knocking on the door to the clubhouse, it swings open and Buster pulls me into a hug. "You had us worried. We thought you were dead." "No, Im not dead. I just didn't want to be near him." I sit down next to Hunter and lay my head on his shoulder. He and I had a brother/sister-like relationship.

"He was so miserable after you left Britt." Hunter said after the rest of the guys left the room. A sigh escapes my lips. "But I was miserable with him. All he did was throw the baseball against the house when he was home." "Have you talked to him at all?" "Kinda. We had an argument yesterday when he saw me."

A knock on the door interupted our conversation. "Hunter, time for BP." Matt says as he opens the door. We both stand up and I give Hunter another hug. "I'll talk to you later about all this." He nods his head and I walk out the door.

"Hey babe, where were you?" Clayton asks as he wraps his arms around my waist. "I had something I had to take care of." Leaning back into his chest, I close my eyes and think.

In the matter of a month or so, my life had changed so much. Going from living in San Francisco and dating Madison to living in Los Angeles and dating Clayton. Leaving my best friends behind to escape one guy and forming new friendships with others. But, why did this all feel weird?

Once the game started, my mind began to race. Everything was beginning to feel strange to me. Like, someone was hiding something from me. The game quickly passed and I was standing outside when Adrian came over to me. "Hey, you might want to see this."

He pulled out his phone and showed me a picture. No, it can't be. Tears filled my eyes and he pulled me into a hug. "You want me to drive you home?" I nod my head and he leads me to his car.

"Thanks Adrian. Tell the guys I'll miss them." I say as I step out of the car. He nods his head and drives away. Clayton's car wasn't in the driveway, which I was thankful for. Quickly, I grabbed my bags and packed them. I didn't write Clayton a note, instead I left the keys he had given me on his bed. After placing my bags in my car, I drive away towards LAX.

I buy a ticket and sit down, waiting for the flight to be called. My mind was racing and my heart was broken. He lied to me. Lied right to my face. My flight is called and I stand up to walk to the gate to board.

Thoughts ran through my mind during the flight and never did I find answers for any of them.

Why did Clayton cheat on me? Was I not good enough for him?
He lied to me after he promised he wouldn't hurt me or break my heart, why?
Why did all this have to happen to me?
-----------------------------------------------

Wow, plot twist! Kinda surprising huh?

Let me know how you liked the chapter!

(942 Words)