5. Drama

A Month Later, Still In LA

"Are you sure you want to go?" Clayton asked me as I was getting ready for the game that night. "Yeah, I need to go. Hopefully they won't see me though." He places a kiss to the top of my head before walking out of the room.

The Giants were in town and I have not talked to any of them since I left. Of course they have called and text me, but I won't talk to them. Talking to them when Im trying to forget that part of my life won't help me any. I wanted to forget Maddy and all the memories I had with him.

I finished tying my shoes before walking downstairs, where Clayton was watching ESPN. "Ready to go baby?" I nod my head and he stands up, turning the tv off. He pecks my lips and we walk out the door.

"Awe look, it's the cute couple!" Joc shouts as Clayton and I enter the clubhouse. My face heats up, causing everyone to laugh. Clayton wraps his arms around me and rests his head on mine. "Don't ya'll have BP in like 10 minutes?" They spring back to what they were doing and I sit at Clayton's cubbie.

"B." I look up from my phone and see Yasiel standing there. "Clayton." He points towards the field and I stand up. "Lets go." We walk up to the field only to see Clayton and Madison yelling at one another.

"Clayton, babe. Stop it." I wrap my arms around his waist and hug him. "Relax babe. He's not worth it." They both stop yelling and Madison just looks at me. "So you are alive." He says, attitude filling his voice. "Yeah I am."

I step out from behind Clayton and glare at Madison. "What do you want Bumgarner?" "Thought you might have run off with him. Looks like I was right." "That doesn't answer my question." Madison just ignores me and turns around, walking away from us.

A sigh leaves my lips as I lean into Clayton, resting my head on his chest. "Its alright baby." He slings me over his shoulder and walks back towards the clubhouse.

He gently tosses me on one of the couches and lays down next to me. Tears fill my eyes and threaten to fall. "Let it out baby. I've got you." I start to cry and he rubs my back. "Can you tell me what's wrong?" Clayton quietly asks me. "You don't have to if you don't want to." I shake my head and wipe some tears away. "No, I need to tell someone."

"Madison helped me through a rough patch in my life. I was being bullied daily, verbally and physically, by my ex-boyfriend. One, thats the number of friends I had. My parents were always gone on business trips which left me home alone. That part didn't start until 3rd grade, after my brother Matthew was killed in war." I take a deep breath before continuing. "Madison introduced me to people and I actually had more than one friend. The baseball team stuck up for me and treated me like a sister. All this was during Senior year, and then I moved to San Fran with Madison after he was drafted. Everything changed after last season. Ever since he won the World Series last year, baseball has been his number one priority. I got tired of it and left him."

I rest my head on Clayton's chest and slowly stop crying. "You've been through so much Brittany." He wipes the tears off my eyes with his thumbs before placing a kiss to my lips. "I never knew that's what you had been through. You are such a fighter." I lay my head back down and slowly fall asleep.

Loud voices awaken me and I turn over. "Guys, hush up." Someone says, causing everyone to go quiet. I slowly open my eyes and see the guys standing there, dressed their street clothes. "We decided to let you sleep through the game." Joc said as he grabbed his bag.

Everyone slowly left the room and soon it was only Clayton and I. "Come on baby. You can go home and go back to sleep." I stand up and grab his hand, intertwining our fingers before walking out the door.

We get to the house and I walk upstairs, grabbing one of Clayton's shirts and changing into it. He lays down next to me and wraps his arms around me. "Night B. I love you." "Love you too Clayton."
-------------------------------------------------

Aye, I finally updated this book! About time!

I have a new Updating Schedule. This SHOULD be updated Every Wednesday. If not Wednesday, Thursday.

Let me know what you thought of the Chapter!

(801 Words)