chapter//six

// gerard above c: xx

Gerard's POV

i won't let you close enough to hurt me -? //

"Have you ever even tied a tie before?" My brother asked me as he rushed over to me and tried to fix it.

"No," I groaned and tugged at the sleeves of my blazer. It was black, of course, with a white under shirt, black dress pants, and a black tie. A normal suit. I didn't look too bad, Mikey insisted I make my hair look nicer than it normally did, and honestly it didn't look much different.

"There," he said happily as he backed away. The tie felt strange around my neck, it felt like it was cutting off my air supply even though it really wasn't. The entirety of the suit felt out of place, like it didn't belong on me. But I didn't say anything to my brother because Frank would be here any minute.

I quickly looked myself over in the mirror. I did look better than normal, maybe it was because I had actually tried to look nice instead of throwing on sweat pants or jeans and a stained shirt. My hair pretty much looked the same, a bit messy, but in a. . . proper way, almost.

"Well there's two hours of my life I'll never get back," I heard Mikey mutter under his breath. I snorted in amusement and his eyes widened. "You weren't supposed to hear that."

"I didn't think so," I responded, chuckling lightly. He forced a smile and then ran to the door once the doorbell rang. I shook my head a bit and tugged at the tie, loosening it a bit. I heard them talking in the other room, and even though I'm the older brother and I should be the protective one, Mikey acts like my father. I decided to hurry so Mikey didn't scare him off.

"Gerard hurry your ass up and get in here!" I heard Mikey yell. I shrugged to myself and headed into the living room where the two of them were. I already was attracted to Frank, but Frank in a suit was a whole new level of attractive. Holy hell. He too was wearing a black blazer and dress pants along with a white shirt underneath his blazer, but his tie was red, and he had fingerless leather gloves on his hands.

All in all, he was sexy as fuck. But, I always did think suits made men slightly more attractive. . . "You look great, Gerard," Frank commented after a few seconds of silence. And as much as I didn't want it to, blush flooded over my cheeks as I murmured my thanks.

"You do, too, Frank," I smiled warmly at him and began tugging at the sleeves of my blazer again. God this thing was fucking uncomfortable.

"You ready?" He asked me. I replied with a nod and walked over to him. We walked out to his car after answering another ten questions from Mikey

"Sorry about Mikey, he's a very overprotective brother, even though that's my job,"

//

"An art museum?" I gasped. I had never been to one, which honestly was quite surprising, especially since I liked art more than I let on.

"Yeah," Frank grinned timidly and scratched the back of neck. "I hope you don't mind, I've been wanting to come here but I had no one to go with, and I didn't want to go alone."

"Of course I don't mind! I've never been to a museum of any kind before, so this is all very new to me," I admitted, returning his timid grin.

"Really? Then come on!" He smiled, a warm smile, and led me inside. "I already paid, so don't worry about that Gerard." I didn't like when people paid for me, it always got under my skin, it bothered me. I'm capable of paying myself, so he should've let me! But I guess just this once. . .