Prologue

My name's Ashley but I hate people call me that. I prefer Ash, that fits better with who I am.
I'm twenty years old and I live in the West Side of Los Angeles.
Since I was a child I preferred staying with the boys, play with them, go skateboarding, play football. I dressed quite like them, t-shirts and jeans, snapback, sneakers and leather jacket or large sweaters. I wore my hair really short with a boyish haircut.
My mother wasn't so good with that. You know, she wanted a princess, wearing skirts, dresses and stuff like that. When we used to go shopping together she was always like:"Ashley, what do you think of this dress? You'd look really cute! Why don't you try it?". My face was always a disgusted grin, and then I went to the boys depart.
My father was quite ok with that. You know, it was like he had the boy he always wanted. We used to spend time in the garage talking about motorcicles and cars but also repairing them. He knew a lot in spite he wasn't a mechanic. He also spent time the garden playing football.

Now I live by myself, I play in the girls football team of the west side, the Blue Foxes. I also work as a mechanic repairing both cars and motos in the mechanic's workshop near my house.

But my childhood and then my adolescence wasn't easy at all.