chapter 11

Ariana's POV

"It's alright! I'm going to Selena's house, anyways!"

Those two shorts sentences replayed in my head over and over until I finally made it to my room and lost it. Tears poured down my face. Why did I lie about Harry anyways? I just did it to get back at him. Well, he didn't really do anything. Out of all the years of being friends, he has never made me cry. What I said to him was a little uncalled for but that doesn't give him the right to hold a sour attitude against me.

I get my phone and call my best friend.

"Hey Digga!" She replies cheerfully.

"Hey." I sniffle, wiping away the few tears that were on my cheeks.

"What's wrong?" She asked, concerned.

"Justin is on his way to Selena's house." The spite existent in my voice as I say her name.

"Wait, what? Backtrack for me really fast. How did you find this out?"

"Well remember how I told you he was pissed because of the party invitation and all of that?" She remains silent and I take that as my cue to continue. "Well on the ride home, I was still angry and made up a little lie."

"What did you lie about?" She asks, softly.

"Well I said that Harry and I had a date planned tonight. Then when I got out of the car, he blurted out that he was going to her house." The endless possibilities of what they can do fills my mind. How long has this been going on?

"Okay. What I would do is call Harry up and actually go somewhere with him. Give Justin a taste of his own medicine." My eyes burn with tears threatening to spill from the sound of his name.

"That's actually not a bad idea." I ponder upon the thought, biting my lip.  The more I think about it, the better it sounds. It's better to get out than to mope around about something that's not even a big deal. "Anyways, what are you doing?"

"Just left the mall with August. He had to leave for some emergency meeting with his boys" She imitates his voice, causing me to erupt in laughter.

"Weird. But I'll text you when I see what Harry says."

"Look at you. My best friend going on a date with The Harry Styles." I can mentally see her wiggling her eyebrows at me. Speaking of eyebrows, I need mine done.

"Stop." I try not to laugh. "Hey, do you want to get our eyebrows done, tomorrow?"

"Yeah, nails too. I can get some change from Aug to cover us."

"Gold diggin' self." I hear laugh from the other line, along with an engine starting. "I'm kidding."

"Call me later, love you."

"Okay, thank you! I love you too, see you tomorrow."

I hang up before dialing Harry's number.

"Hello?" Harry answers in a confused and raspy voice.

"Harry?" I don't know why I asked that. It's obviously him because anyone can recognize his accent and how he talks slowly.

"Ariana, hi. I'm sorry I was sleeping."

Instantly feeling bad, I apologize. "Oh, I am so sorry! I'll talk to-"

"No, no. What's up?"

"I just wanted to see if you wanted to hang out tonight or something, if that's fine with you."

"Yeah. Yeah! That's fine. I'm putting on my jeans at this very moment." I hear ruffling in the background, confirming that he is.

"Thank you, where are we going to go? I'll get ready right now." I release a breathe of relief. I don't know what I'd do if he said no or something.