Chapter 13

When I got home I went into the kitchen to see Ian and my mom making some food. I smiled slightly because even though I didn't like Ian this is the happiest my mom has been in a long time. I went to my room and started my homework when I got a call. I looked at my phone and it said Harry.

I answered right away, "Hello, Harry?" 

"Hey Kennedy, can I see you?" He sounded super upset.

"Yeah sure, where?" 

"Um the park I guess..." 

"Okay I'll be right there." 

I hung up and went out of my room, "Mom I'm going out I'll be right back!" 

I left to my car and started on the journey to the park. After twenty minutes of trying to find it I met Harry by a park bench. 

"Hey sorry it took so long... I got lost and I don't remember how to get here from when I was little!" 

He laughed, "Its okay..."

I sighed," So what's wrong" 

He shook his head, "You're friends are right you know. You should stay away from me..."

"But Jane was the only one who said that I don't know her that well. What do you mean? Harry what's going on?" I turned to him.

"You don't think I know that almost everyone has been telling you that. Jane said to you in the hall, I see the way you talk in hushed tones around Ashlee, and you accidentally called me when you were talking to your friend from New York... you aren't hiding anything."

I let out a shaky breath, "Harry I don't care what they said you're nice to me and that's all that matters really... I don't think you're gonna hurt me."

Harry laughed, "I might, you don't that!" 

I looked around to make sure no one was staring, " No I don't! But there is this little thing called faith, Harry! I have faith that you won't leave me!"

Harry scoffed, "Sorry Sweetcheeks, I guess you're wrong."

With that Harry got up and stormed off as I gasped. 

*Next Day*

Harry really hurt me yesterday... but I walked into the school with a fake smile to show that I was happy or at least okay. I was wearing something a little more sporty for practice today since we didn't have our cheer outfits yet. It was a Nike t shirt with yoga pants and mint sneakers. I was so excited for cheer today!

Free Period came by really fast... well after chemistry of course that was agonizing. I waited for everyone to get in the gym. But one person wasn't there

"Hey Ashlee? Where is Jane?" 

"Oh she said she wasn't coming today... She said you are running all the practices until Coach Briar gets back." 

"What!" I exclaimed, "uh no I never said that! Fine if she wants it that way." 

"Hi everyone as you know I'm co-captain... I'm in charge right now because Jane isn't here... So I'm assuming everyone stretched," I looked at everyone as they either nodded or said yes, "Good now run ten laps around the gym as part of your warmup."

Some girls groaned but they started running. I looked to the gym entrance as i saw someone walk in... Jane.

"Jane?" Her lipstick was a mess... I wonder what she has been doing ha!

"Oh hey! Sorry im late, I was busy." She laughed

"Yeah i can see that" I laughed

Jane blushed as i handed her a tissue from my bag so she wipe her face off.

We had ten minutes of practice left and Jane dissapeared while no one was looking. I went to turn and talk to her but she was just gone! Why would she leave... probably to go suck some boys face off! As the team practiced some tumbling I got their uniforms ready.

"Okay girls! Here are your uniforms you have to wear them to every practice. Practice is now on free period on Wednesdays and  Thursdays after school for this month, so make sure you have your uniform or else you sit out. See you tomorrow!" I grabbed my bag and rushed to see if i could find Jane.

Where would you find a person who is hiding and making out with someone... The janitors closet! I ran around the corner and ripped open the door all i saw was a startled janitor.

"Oh, uh sorry..." I said and walked away really fast.

Maybe shes outside somewhere. I walked out of the school doors and heard some girl, a girl that sounded a lot like Jane. I ran around the corner and saw Jane sharing a kiss with a boy, a boy that looked a lot like Harry. They looked up startled... but all I could do was run away. 

"Kennedy!" Harry called after me.

I ran all the way past my car and ran to my house. I couldn't go back into school not like this, I got back to my house and ran inside, my mom was at work, so I could cry alone. I closed the door and slid all the way down. 

"Hello?" Ian called

My breath hitched in my throat... crap I forgot he was here... "Hey, I came home early... uh not feeling well."

Ian came around the corner, "Aw honey that's not..." He looked at me," Are you sure you came home because of an upset stomach." 

I tried nodding but a burst of tears flowed out, "I don't know what to do! And I trusted him, dad, I really did... I tried to ignore what everyone said about him, but they were right." 

My dad sat next to me and pulled me to him, "It's okay, Kennedy." 

"It'll all be okay."