Chapter Eight

AN- Hey Guys. Its been a while and I dont  want you all to be upset with me so... I am updating one chapter.

Harry pov

Kennedy and I finally finished our project after midnight. I'm surprised her parents let me stay this long.

"Its perfect." She gasped.

" Its only liquid in a tube..." I rolled my eyes.

She turned to me and crossed her arms, "No, thirty seconds after I open the tube it's supposed to create an amazing reaction to the oxygen in the air."

I watched her face light up as she explained what was going to happen, and I couldn't understand why.

I shrugged and looked at the time, "Holy Shit!!!"

"What?"

"It's really late... I have to go!" I grabbed my stuff.

Kennedy pov

I watched Harry frantically grab his stuff.

"Harry what's the rush, are you gonna turn into some unknown species in the middle of the night?" I laughed.

"No, I just lost track of time." He said pulling on his jacket.

"You can stay over if you'd like, Harry" I said grabbing his shoulder gently to calm him. down.

He shook his head and shrugged me off. He headed for my bedroom door.

" I can't, but I'll see you tomorrow at school."

He was already at the front door with me trailing behind him. I followed him outside forgetting that in the end of autumn its gonna be cold. I followed him to his car and while trying to keep myself warm.

"Harry, slow down!" I said slipping on the thin layer of frost on the ground.

Harry turned and steadied me, then he got into his car.

"Harry thanks-" Harry was already out of my drive way.

I was pretty angry that Harry left so I stormed back into the house, resulting in me slipping and falling on my butt. At least I didn't fall in snow...

######################

*At school*

Before I went to my locker I stopped at Ms. Perrie's room and explained my project to her.

As I walked out of the room I bumped into Harry.

"Sorry Kennedy." He said and then walked past me.

I walked to my locker and put my books away meeting Ashlee in the hall.

"Hey Ash!" I waved.

"Hey, How's it going?" She smiled.

I shrugged and kept walking towards the classroom. On our way there we talked about normal things. But, then she asked me a question I was hoping to avoid.

"Are you still talking to Harry?" She whispered.

"Uh, well, only for the project." I said.

She was about to say something but we were asked to take our seats.

I sat down next to Harry and pulled out a piece of paper. I folded it and wrote a small note on it.

What was with last night, you just ran out.

~k

I passed the note to Harry slowly. I watched him out of the corner of my eye read my note. Then I watched him sigh and write something down and slide it on my desk.

I had things I was supposed to take care of and I forgot to...  I lost track of time.

~h

I wrote another note and handed it to Harry.

I know, I did too. I wanted to thank you though... for helping me.

~k

He just nodded and whispered welcome. I turned to him and just smiled.

The rest of class I started thinking how I never really talk to anyone at this school. No one has made the effort to talk to me... why?

When class ended Ms. Perrie pulled me aside.

"Kennedy, I don't think it would be a good idea for you to spend time with Harry anymore." She whispered

"Why not?" I asked.

Ms. Perrie made sure everyone was gone and said, "He's not good news... you may think that he's nice, but he's not!"

"Ms... you don't know how he is."

"Really Kennedy,  I'm not kidding, I would know." She replied.

"What? What are you talking about." I was really confused.

"Can I tell you something, and you have to sware you won't tell a single soul..."

"Uh...ok I sware." Still confused.

"Ok well to start, I'm not the age you probably think I am, I'm seventeen." Ms Perrie said.

"That makes so much sense! No wonder you look so young I thought you were using some like cream, why is that a secret?"

"It isn't! Ok in my first year of high school I dated Harry, and I was bestfriends with this girl named Jane. Now Jane warned me about Harry a thousand times but I was so in love with him I didn't listen. In the end he broke my heart..." Ms. Perrie looked pained by the thought.

"Oh sorry."

The late bell rang and I was written a late pass. I hurried to my next class which was calculus, ugh. I quickly took my seat and the space that is always empty next to me was filled by a girl with beautiful hair.

She turned to me, " Hi, I'm Jane!"
Jane... Jane!

"Oh hi, Jane from the mall.... I rememeber!"

"Yea, your Kelsea, right?"

"Uh, no, Kennedy."

"Oh right" She fake laughed.

"So, are you new here?" I asked.

"No, I was on a vacation the first couple weeks of school.... don't worry I did all my work, haha! Anyways, you're super cute we should be friends." She suggested.

"Uh, sure."

"You seem pretty athletic..."

"Oh, yea! I play basketball, tennis, softball, I do cheerleading." 

"Cheerleading! Oh my gosh you should try out, the only thing is that they are today. You have to come up with a routine and do the one we teach you."

"Are you captain or something?"

"Bingo! Its super fun!!!" 

"Jane! Kennedy! Pay attention!" The teacher spoke.

"Sorry." I said.

"Whatever." Jane responded to the teacher.