Chapter 15

I woke up in my outfit from the night before, wow I've gotten into a bad habit of doing that. I looked at my alarm clock and realized it was only 4 in the morning. Why am I up so early? I picked up my phone from the nightstand in the corner to see if I had any missed messages or calls. Zero. Ouch, I thought Harry would've tried to call me at least once, I guess I got my hopes up. 

Suddenly, my phone started going off and I dropped my phone on my face.

"Ouch." I answered, "Hello?"

"OMG!!!!!! KENNEDYICAN'TRIGHTNOWIJUSTGOT-"

"Woah! Melissa? Slow down I cant understand a word you're saying. Calm down and breathe!" I laughed.

I could hear Melissa, my best friend, take an inhale and exhale and then she squealed. 

"You're not going to believe what I am about to tell you! But I just got asked to the prom by Zack Fellings!!!"

I jumped on top of my bed so fast and started jumping up and down! I almost threw my phone across the room in excitement.

"No freaking way! You did not! Omg! He is literally the hottest guy on the entire planet!!!!! Melisssssaaaaaaaaa I'm so happy for you!!!"

"I know and it was in front of the whole school!  I was about to pass out! He sang me a song and everything, he even had some of his theater friends help him and all the jocks and cheerleaders..."

I started to slowly sit back down. I realized that Melissa and I had been planning Prom since we were in 8th grade.We went over every detail and it was engraved in the back of our hands. She was going to wear a silver dress, because silver was absolutely beautiful with her skin tone, and I would wear an elegant blue gown, one that was brought out every good aspect of me. She would get asked out by Zack in the most extravagant way possible, and Cal would ask me in the sweetest way possible. That was the way things were supposed to go, but now she has everything the way she was supposed to have it, and not me.

"Kennedy? Hellloooooo?" She called

"Hey, sorry... um its pretty early here actually... I should go." I hung up just like that.

I put on my cheer leading uniform and got ready. I couldn't sit around and feel sorry for myself, not anymore. I have to show people that I am strong and I always will be. No boy or ruined plan will ruin my confidence or strength.

 After I got ready I watched Grey's Anatomy on Netflix, until I had to go. I love this show with all my heart. I then looked at the time and saw I had ten minutes to get to school, yikes. I ran downstairs and grabbed a banana this time to switch things up. 

"See you guys! i'll be home after cheerleading!" I ran out of the door.