Chapter 18

After detention was done, I rushed to my car before anyone could stop me. Of course that never works. I was stopped by the infamous Harry.

"Kennedy, wait!" He grabbed my arm

"What!" I yelled

I know I sounded way too angry, but everything that has happened today has me a little on edge.

"I wanted to apologize about earlier, Ken-" He didn't look very sorry.

"Harry, no need-" I said with the same monotone voice,

"Perfect." He said and grabbed both of my arms.

I gave him a confused look but I couldn't even get a breath out before he smashed his lips on mine. I tried to get away from his reach, but I gave up his grip was too strong. I looked behind him and saw that everyone was watching. wonderful. I had to do something fast, so I grabbed his shoulders and kicked him where the sun don't shine. He immediately slouched and fell to the ground.

"Don't ever touch me again." I spat

I quickly got in my car and drove home. I couldn't say I felt upset or guilty at all, I felt relieved. I stood up for myself and even if everyone hates me at my school now, it doesn't matter, only the rest of this year I have to make it and then I'm going back to New York with my true friends. 

I walked into my house and smelled deliciousness, hmm Ian and my mom must be cooking! I walked into the kitchen and saw my mom sobbing over the pot she was cooking in.

"Mom, oh my goodness, are you okay? Where's Ian, did he do something!" I asked

She shook her head, "No he's gone to run some errands, I was just thinking about about your grandmother. Last time we visited here, when you were 17, we went to that beautiful farmers' market. You're grandmother would always sell her delicious blueberries."

I smiled, "Yeah I remember, she'd always make a blueberry smoothie for me after she picked them."

My mom laughed a little," Yeah, well I went today to get some strawberries and I ran into some of her friends. They were talking about how much she loved us and how she never got to see us because it was so hard to find time with school and all."

"I just wish we would've visited more!" my mom broke down and started crying.

I reached over and turned off the stove, "How about we go see her, I think that's what we both need, you think?"

She nodded and went to go get her keys and I put my book bag down and followed her out to her car. We drove and I could tell she felt guilty, but it wasn't her fault we didn't see my grandmother more throughout the year. It was a lot of money and school got in the way, she can't blame herself.

Once we got there my mom hesitated to get out of the car. We haven't been here since the burial, so it was hard for both of us. We walked towards her grave and i don't know what I expected, maybe crying or a monologue of how sorry my mother was. But she said nothing, just a single tear fell down her face and I could even feel myself tear up. We both missed her more than anything.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Suddenly, my phone rang, "Hello?"

"Hey, Kennedy! Where are you guys?" Ian answered.

I looked towards my mom as she blew a kiss towards the grave and walked back to the car, "We were just heading back to the house, actually."

"Okay, just wondering! See you." He sounded so excited.

I hung up and walked back to the car and we drove home. I'm glad we went to see my grandmother, I needed it. I know I have to be strong for my mom, but lately I really haven't been and this reminded me to show strength again.