Chapter 17

I survived math class, except I now have after school detention for being late. Why can't teachers understand, and especially today? I have to explain to Jane as to why I can't be there, which means I actually have to face her. I saw Jane walking in the hall after class, so i caught up with her.

"Ugh what do you want?" She snapped

"Uh, I was just going to tell you that I can't be at practice today. I got detention for being late to class."

"Hmm, well I was going to kick you off the team anyways, but this actually gives me a reason." She smirked.

She started to walk away, but I stopped her again, "What the hell is your problem with me, Jane. All I've been is nice to you!"

She smirked and put her hand on her hip, "I never liked you, I just put a fake act on because Harry liked you and I always want to be in that boy's good graces. So when I heard that you two weren't a thing, I took my chance to take him back."

"Wait, so you're Harry's side chick!" I gasped.

"Well, when you put it that way, I seem desperate, but yeah kinda! I'm gonna be late to my next class, see you!" She strutted away.

I looked down at my shoes in shock and confusion. Harry was cheating on me, what the heck! I looked up and raced to my next class. I can be strong, now I have to be. 

After school, I heard the announcements, "Prom tickets are now available at the School store and your ballots for Prom King and Queen!"

Before detention I went to the School Store and wrote a check for my ticket, this could be a great chance to redeem myself. I heard some people whispering and laughing behind me, it wasn't hard to tell the conversation was about me. I slowly walked to detention only to find that Harry found a way to get in detention too.

"Kennedy Richards, you found a way to be late to detention as well as class, interesting. Find a seat."

I sat as far away from Harry. Sitting through detention was torture, just doing homework in dead silence. Suddenly, I felt something hit the back of my head and so I turned to glare at Harry and pick up the piece of paper he threw towards me.

It read:

         Meet me at the back of the school, after detention ;)

I rolled my eyes and got up to throw it away. Why would he want to meet me in the back of the school, after everything he's done.