Chapter 12

Recap:

I used the map app on my phone to find my house and it was only a 10 minute walk. I got home and waited in front of the door, nervous. Why? Other than the fact that she seemed mad, when I texted her, she never answered.......

SO IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!! READ THE PARAGRAPH IN MY AUTHORS NOTE AT THE VERY END!!!!!!!

*Jessica's POV*

I waited for what was to come. I have never been so nervous in all my life...and I had all the reason to be.

When my mom opened the door, she was fuming. I have never seen her so angry. "Where have you been?! I've sent you so many texts telling you not to stay over the night! Did you do what I think I thought you did?!"

"No! I didn't! I just slept over! That's all! If it makes you feel any better I slept on the floor!" I partially lied.

"I've had enough with you and your nonsense! Go to your room and you're not allowed to leave until I say so!"

"But you don't understand! The only reason I didn't answer was becau-"

"How dare you talk back to me! That's it! No breakfast for tomorrow either!"

"But-"

"No but's! You have to listen to me! I am your mom and therefore I am always right! Understood?!"

"Yes," I glumly replied on the break of tears.

"Stop crying and go." With that, I climbed up the stairs and that alone felt like a long trek. I just fell to my bed and cried myself to sleep.

Before you say "You're such a crybaby. She only yelled at you no big deal," you don't understand. I hate it when she yells at me like that. She didn't even let me explain. It was a stupid mistake and she didn't even bother listening. She said she was always right...and maybe she is. I don't know.

It's also the tone she used when she scolded me. It was loud. I was embarrassed for the neighbors that heard her. Her voice was just threatening. The tone was so strong it got me to tears. 

This isn't normal so I at least get some sleep with the last thought, Please let this get better tomorrow.

While I'm at it, might as well skip lunch.

-----------------------------

I woke up, surprised I slept for 18 hours. I checked my phone to see that it was 5 am. I was wearing the same clothes as when I left the house for my "date" with Cameron. I'm glad I changed out of Cameron's clothes before I left my house. I put "date" in quotation marks because I wasn't sure what it was. I was the one who asked up him if he wanted to hang out. I'm not sure about what that was to be honest.

I was starving since I didn't get any lunch or dinner. All I really ate yesterday was breakfast and some chips. 

I got a quick shower, changed back into my PJs, blow-dried my hair, and brushed it. I snuck downstairs to cook myself an omelette and get my glass of milk. After my omelette was done, I downed my breakfast. I was ready for a 2nd helping. 

I finished my breakfast in 10 minutes and it was 8:14 am by then. Mom wasn't up yet and that was unusual considering she's always out to work before I even wake up. I heard her heavy breathing as I passed her bedroom on the way to my room. I didn't think much of it and continued my day as usual until I got a text.

Cammy Wammy XD: Hey are you alright? I didn't hear from u yesterday after u left.

Me: Ya I'm ok mom was pretty angry tho