Chapter 14: Another Date???

Recap:

"Do you think you can stay over for the night?" she asked biting her lip.

"Why?"

"Cole and I are the only ones here and yeah..." she said awkwardly.

"So you're scared?" I smirked.

"Yeahhh..."

"Alright, let's go." We headed upstairs and she went into her bed while I changed into just my boxers.

Right then and there, we fell asleep with her in my arms.

*Cameron*

I woke up to see some familiar brown hair all tangled up in front of me. I smiled at what was left of her perfume and the fruity scent in her hair. 

I laid there with her for about half an hour, just enjoying the moment. She began to move and turned to me. Her perfect brown eyes were revealed just seconds later. She smiled when she saw me and I smiled back.

"Good morning," I spoke.

"Good morning," she said back. But, worry quickly rushed into her eyes. 

"What's wrong?" I questioned.

"My mom! What time is it?" she sat up.

I rushed for my phone."Uhh...it's 10:30."

"Get ready to go." 

I got into the same clothes I wore yesterday as they were the only ones I had left. I put on my black high tops after I ran downstairs to the front door. Jessica came down 2 minutes later in black sweat shorts and a casual gray sweatshirt. She slipped on her worn black and pink Nike's, grabbed my hand, and ran to my white Maserati. We shuffled in and I drove as fast as we could to the hospital without getting a speeding ticket. 

We finally arrived at the hospital and rushed in to the lobby. "We are here to visit Wendy Monroe," I told the secretary, panting in the process. 

"Alright. She's very unstable right now. We'll have to check on her condition and if she is well enough for visitors, you can come in. Also, a side note is that since she was charged with DUI, she will be put in jail for up to 6 months and her license will be suspended for 90 days," she informed us.

"When do you think we'll be able to see her?"

"The soonest you can be able to see her is by 2:30."

"That's 3 and a half hours," Jessica gasped at me. 

"I know. Would you like to wait her or go home to wait?" I turned to her.

"I think it's best to stay home and wait."

"Ok," I agreed. I turned to the secretary, "We'll be back by then."

The lady nodded as a sign of acknowledgement. We walked out to the car in silence. It was a silnce that was comfortable, yet awkward.

"Where would you like to eat for lunch?" I asked to break the 3 minute silence.

"How about Subway?"

"That's fine." The silence continued. It was just utterly awkward at this point with a hint of sadness. I'm not sure what will happen at 2:30. It could change our lives. It could be minor. Maybe that's what she was thinking about the whole ride as she just gazed out her window. As we neared Subway, Jessica asked me, "Do you think everything is going to be fine after this? After we visit her?" I was right.

"Jessica," I started. "I don't really know at this point. She'll get arrested for sure, and have her license taken away, but that's all we know right now. Could you tell me exactly what happened that got your mom a DUI?"