Beginners Luck? Yeah Right.

It's dark. That's the first thing I think as I entered the room. I blink a few times to adjust my eyes to the lack of light. I hear a thump behind me, followed by someone cursing loudly.

"God, would someone turn on the bloody lights!"

I stifle a laugh. Oh Mike. I run my hand along the wall and feel a switch. I quickly flick it on, and the the room lights up. I turn behind me and see Mike rolling on the floor, clutching his leg. A knocked over table is next to him. I can't help it. I burst out laughing. He sends a mock scowl in my direction, and pulls himself up.

"So, this is where it all happens huh?" I ask no-one in particular. To my surprise, it's Logan who answers.

"Yep. We just wait for others to show up and then we begin." After my revelation at lunch, I had told everyone on the table what I was planning on doing. Valerie was quick to support me, and immediately invited me to the session the next day, which is where I am now. Logan, however, scoffed loudly and expressed how he felt about the whole thing. Needless to say, he wasn't very confident in my ability to take him down. This just fuelled my determination to beat him.

We all make our way to the middle of the room, and sit in a circle. We chat for a few minutes about random things to pass time, such as the important of fuzzy socks and whether a large forehead was a sign of intelligence. After a few minutes pass, quite a few more people enter the room and take a seat in the circle. Once we are certain nobody else is coming, we begin. Logan stands up and begins to speak.

"As the winner of last years, I get the honour of spinning the bottle first."

I mentally go over the rules once more. The previous winner spins the bottle first. Whoever it lands on has to do the prank. The spinner them proceeds to take out a slip of paper from the bucket. If the other person refuses to do the prank, the get no points, and the prank is up for grabs. If you volunteer to do it, you get double points. If more than one person volunteers, then the bottle is spun between them, and that person does the prank. It was simple really.

"Brooke!"

A voice breaks me free from my thoughts, and I am pulled back into the game. I realise that everybody is staring at me. I wonder why. Then I notice the bottle pointing at me, and Logan looking at me with a devilish smirk plastered across his face. I scowl in his direction, which just makes him smirk more.

Purposely moving slowly, he pulls out a slip of paper, his gaze never leaving my face. Everyone's eyes are glued to it, their breaths held in anticipation. He unfolds it and reads the paper. I watch his eyes widen slightly in shock, then return to normal. He grins so wide it's unnerving. All of a sudden I'm extremely nervous. Logan smiling is not good news. He silently hands me the piece of paper. I read it, my heart plummeting deeper with each word. There's no way I'm doing this! Then I read the amount of points. 100 points. Usually, pranks were only like 10 or 20 points. I had to do this. But I read the prank again and it seems an impossible task. I glance up from my paper and am about to turn it down when I catch sight of Logan. He's so relaxed, so sure that i'll chicken out. This gives me a sudden burst of confidence. And so I put on a smirk of my own, and stare straight at Logan.

"Yeah. I'll do it."