Chapter 14

AGAIN, TRIGGER WARNING
----------------------------------------------
Recap: M keeps talking, but I suddenly feel a rush of memories. It feels like I'm watching a video that's been speeded up. It almost physically knocks me over, but then the feeling stops and I begin to register what happened.

Oh no.
Oh bloody hell no.

I feel myself crumple to the floor, and I hear M speak, but it doesn't register.

Oh no.

Is that what happened?

No.

NO.

NO.

----------------------------------------------

M's POV

"What a load of crap!" Laughs Selena. I'm honestly relieved. I'm confused as to why it didn't work, but as long as she's fine, I'm not complaining.

"Well, that's weird. Anyway, you're not hurt, and that's the good thing. I'm not entirely sure what happened. Maybe this computer doesn't work properly? I don't know, maybe it hasn't been used in a while and that's why it can't understand the simplest of things."

I sigh and lean back. "Well, it's okay. Whatever. I-"
And I hear a sniffle. I'm suddenly alert.

"Did you hear that? Is someone in the corridor? Selena-" I turn back and I feel like someone threw a brick at my chest. A feeling of dread washes over me as I realise that the worst has happened.

I run over to Selena. My heart feels like it's being crushed to pieces. Who did this to her?

WHO CAUSED THIS PAIN?

I shouldn't have returned the memories. I shouldn't have.

She's crumpled on the floor with a shell-shocked look in her eyes. She's crying, but making no noise. It's like she doesn't even see me.

With every tear that falls, I feel more and more pain inside my chest.

"Selena, what happened?" I ask slowly. I can't lose her. Not now. I need her to hold on.

She doesn't say anything, but it catches up to her. She leans forward and sobs noisily into my chest. I hug her, and hold her close. I feel my shirt get wet, but I'm hardly worried about that.

"Shh.... it will be alright..." I say, trying to console her. But I know it won't. Something had happened, and now that she knows, it's going to catch up to her bad.

"W-why di-did h-he do th-this t-to me, M? W-why? Wh-why?" She stammers.

"Who? Who did what to you?" I ask, my anger growing.

She just continues to sob. I run my hand through her hair. "It WILL be okay." I say.

She pushes me away.

"No, M, it won't! Just because you tell me it will, it doesn't mean it will!! I love you, but that doesn't mean it will fix it!! Love doesn't fix anything! Love is just a stupid weakness that won't do anything but open wounds!"

"What are you rambling on about?" I say, confused. Who in the world could have done this to her?

"Please. Let me help you." I say desperately.

She's just crying. The lights go out.

"Selena, there's no time left. You have to let me help you." I say, holding her shoulders.

She stops trying to resist me. "Okay." She says in a hollow tone.

I pick her up and walk her to the elevator. I desperately want to know what happened, who did what to her, why  they did it to her. Whoever it is, they'll pay.