* Chapter one *

"Come ON, Zoie." I grabbed my best friend's hand and practically dragged her down the street. We had just been to a One Direction concert, and I was determined to meet them. Before you assume anything, I can go ahead and tell you. Yes, I am obsessed. But I am NOT an insane fangirl. I know where to draw the line. "The hotel they're staying at is only a block away, and if we hurry maybe we can get a picture!"

Unfortunately for us, everyone else had the same idea. Tons of people were packed in the driveway of the hotel, even though not a single member of One Direction was in sight. The manager of the hotel was trying to get everyone to leave, telling us that the boys had already checked out.

Zoie sighed. "It's no use, Pay. They're gone. Let's just enjoy the fact that we just saw an amazing concert."

"Yeah, I know," I said, pouting. "But you know how it is... I just wish more than anything that I could meet them."

We walked back towards the train station that would take us home, but something stopped me. "Hey, we should stop at Steak n' Shake real quick. I'm dying of thirst."

"But I don't eat meat."

"Too bad! You don't have to get anything." I entered the restaurant and ordered a large Sprite, and Paisley got a large Coke. We sat at the bar, talking about the concert.

"I mean, Niall sounded like Jesus. And so did Louis! Remember when Niall called the crowd sexy? I thought I would die..."

"Yeah, and with those binoculars I had, I could see Paul and Josh!"

Zoie looked at me with envy. "No way."

"Yep." I smiled smugly. "And that's not even the best part. Once, their dressing room curtain opened a little more than it should have, and-"

"NO WAY. SHUT UP!""

"I know! LIAM WAS SHIRTLESS." I put my hand over my heart dramatically. "I swear, I've already died and gone to One Direction heaven."

Zoie glanced at her watch and gasped. "Oh my god, we missed the last train fifteen minutes ago!"

"Are you kidding me?" I groaned. "But we're in the ghetto!" A waiter behind the bar shot me a death glare. I guess my voice was pretty loud. Oops. "Dude, my mom is going to be so pissed..."

"Let's just start walking. Maybe we'll see someone we know and they can take us home."

"Or maybe, Zo, we'll get mugged." The waiter sent me another glare. I need to control my volume.

"Stop being dramatic, we'll be fine." Zoie pulled out a small whistle from the pocket in her blazer. "I have a rape whistle."

I giggled. "Seriously?"

"You would regret it if I didn't bring one."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing..." Zoie could be so weird sometimes. But that's one of the reasons why we're best friends. We're weird, perverted, obsessive freaks. But we're still pretty awesome if you ask me.

We walked out of the restaurant, making our way down the now empty street. "Let's see... we're on Trade Street. If we actually end up walking all the way home, it'll take us... an hour and a half." I groaned. "These Toms are killing my feet! I can't walk home. It's too far."

"Quit bitching and start walking," Zoie ordered. "We'll never make it home with that attitude, Payton."

"You're right." I took off the annoying shoes and held them as I walked. "Hey, did you get a chance to watch the new Smosh video?" I asked, bringing up one of our favorite Youtubers.