* Chapter Four *

I went to bed early that night, avoiding any contact with people that would have the need to question me. I hate talking about boring things like 'how was school' or 'how was your day'. It just annoyed me. So, after a few hours of watching reruns of Say Yes to the Dress, I went up to my room and launched myself onto the bed. Literally. I couldn't sleep, of course, considering I usually stay up until around two in the morning, and it was only nine thirty. So the inevitable happened and I thought about all that had happened during the day. My 'date' with Niall Horan, that adorable laugh... the kiss... the crazy game of truth or dare with the lads, and Louis. Oh god, Louis. Just him alone deserved a separate section in my mind. He was absolutely ridiculous in every way, which is what made him so fun to be around. Hell, he would pretend to be mentally retarded to get out of trouble. And I loved it. I thought about the little details of the day until I drifted off to sleep.

I was awakened the next morning by the sound of my ringtone, What Makes You Beautiful. Annoyed, I reached my hand out to retrieve my phone and pick it up.

"Ugh... hello?"

"RISE AND SHINE, DOLLFACE!" Louis' voice blared through the phone.

"Louis, what the hell? ...What time is it?" I muttered, dazed and still half asleep.

"It's around... eight thirty, I suppose. Get up, you! The lads and I are going to the mall today, and Niall wanted to bring you along."

"You made it sound like I'm a burden."

"Well, I mean..."

"Louis!"

"I'm only kidding, Payton. Gosh. Anyway, get ready. We'll be there in about an hour to pick you up."

"Ok. Wait, tell Harry that Zoie's sick and won't be coming along. She told me last night she felt horrible," I said, pulling a comb through my hair.

"He won't be happy about that... YES, NIALL, she said she could go! Ah, I gotta go. See you in a bit!"

"Bye, Lou."

I quickly brushed my teeth, showered, and blow dried my hair in record time. I decided to curl my hair today, giving it loose ringlets, which I loved. For makeup, I put on some mascara and pink lip gloss.

Now, what to wear... I opened up my closet, examining the clothes inside. I finally decided on a navy blue and pink striped sweater, white shorts, and pink flats. I also put on some diamond earrings and a cute silver heart-shaped necklace. I stood in front of the mirror, fixing my hair, when the doorbell rang.

"I got it!" I called, rushing to the door. "I'm going out, Mom! I'll be back later today!"

"Ok," she answered back.

I opened the door to find Liam waiting for me. "Hey."

"Hey, Pay! You ready to go?" he asked, holding out his hand.

"Yep... but... are we really driving there in your tour bus? We're going to get mobbed," I said nervously.

"Well, we were planning on it. But, we could always take your car. If that's ok with you, I mean."

"Yeah, sure. Come on." I motioned for the boys to follow me. "Good thing my car seats six."

"Payton!" Niall exclaimed, giving me a hug and kissing me on the cheek. "I missed you."

"Really?" I blushed.

He nodded. "Of course!"

"Cool." What a stupid answer. Really, Pay? Was that all you could think of? "Um, we should probably go now. Before one of the neighbors sees you guys."