* Chapter Three *

When we walked into the hotel lobby, I have to admit that I was not at all surprised at Louis being scolded by the manager.

"Young man, if I catch you running around these halls again, I'm going to have to ask you to leave the hotel immediately."

Louis looked like a lost puppy, hanging his head and looking remorseful. "Yes, ma'am."

Niall approached the manager. "Sorry about that, miss. Louis here is a little... different. If you know what I mean."

She raised her eyebrows. "Oh. I'm sorry, I didn't realize. Well, next time be sure you're keeping an eye on him at all times. He could've gotten into a lot of trouble."

Niall nodded. "Come on, Lou, let's go get some ice cream."

"Ice cream!" Louis exclaimed happily, following Niall and motioning for me to follow as well.

In the elevator, I questioned them on what had just happened. "Did you just pretend Louis was mentally retarded to get out of trouble?" I laughed a little at the thought. They were pretty good actors.

"Yeah." Louis winked at me. "Works every time, babe."

When we got up to the hotel room, Liam tackled Niall to the floor. "Nialler! How was your date with your lady friend? Were you polite? Did you follow the rules I told you about?"

I giggled. He really was Daddy Direction.

"Oh, you brought her here? Oops. Sorry if I embarrassed you in front of your lady friend, Niall." Liam stood up and brushed himself off, not bothering to help Niall up. "Hey, Payton! Was Niall nice to you? Did he pay for the food? Did he try to pressure you to do things you didn't want to? Tell me the truth."

I smiled. "Yes, yes, and no. He was a real gentleman, if you ask me."

I could see Niall blush as he stood up and slapped Liam in the arm.

"Did you guys kiss?" Louis chimed in. "Guys, I bet they kissed! Ooh, Niall and Payton!"

I looked down, not giving an answer. "Um, anyway, where's Zoie?"

"They went out. On a date," Zayn answered from across the room, wiggling his eyebrows. "Not that they didn't automatically have major chemistry."

"She's spending all her time with my Harry!" Louis complained. "It's not fair!"

I pretended to cough so it didn't look like I was laughing.

"You ok, Pay?" Niall asked, concerned.

"What? Oh, yeah. Never better."

"He was worried because he didn't want to catch anything from you. You know, since you KISSED him." Louis made kissy noises and batted his eyelashes.

"Louis, really?" Liam asked, but he couldn't hide his laugh.

Niall rolled his eyes. "They're mental."

"You think I haven't noticed?" I grinned. "That's ok. If they weren't, I probably would have never noticed you guys on the X Factor."

"Really?"

"Yeah," I explained. "I've always loved the X Factor, and a few years ago I went to a website and found One Direction's video diaries. The rest is history, I guess. I never missed a show after that. The performances were so incredible."

"Thanks, doll!" Louis shouted from across the room. "Means a lot! Just please don't give me any carrots. I have plenty of those already." He pointed to a huge pile of carrots he received from fans.