* Chapter Sixteen *

The final concert was absolutely brilliant. Everyone was in a great mood and had really good energy. I was surprised when – once again – Niall dedicated a song to me. Except this time, he told the crowd that I was his one and only, and he brought me up on stage for a while until Paul escorted me off. I think my heart stopped for a little bit.

Everyone was still really hyped up after the concert, so the bus ride back to the hotel was a blast. Even Josh Devine, who was usually quiet and kept to himself, was tapping random drum beats on the wall and singing 'Call Me Maybe'. And I could've sworn he was flirting with Zoie at one point, too.

When we got back to Liam's hotel room (where we decided to have the after-party), there were already cupcakes, cookies, other random snacks, and sodas waiting for us.

Niall immediately went for the food, yelling, "PARTY TIME!"

Louis patted me on the back. "You must be so proud of your man."

"Oh, shut up." I didn't mind Niall's obsession with food. Except for the fact that he could eat like an elephant and still stay in great shape. "Everyone has their quirks, Louis. Like how you have a passion for fashion." I couldn't say that without giggling.

"Well, what can I say?" He did a model-twirl, showing off his signature style. "Some people are just born fabulous."

I rolled my eyes at him. "This is why people question your sexuality."

"Whatever." He strutted away sassily, finding Harry and starting a conversation with him.

With Niall occupied with food and Louis jokingly flirting with Harry, I was left with nothing to do. I hate to say it, but I didn't bond with the other boys as well. Which should probably change soon.

"Hey." Someone tapped me on the shoulder.

I turned to face the mystery person. It was Josh. "Oh! Hi, Josh."

Well, this was awkward. A part of me wanted to have a normal conversation with him, but another part of me was dying to just lose it and fangirl. I mean, seriously. Josh Devine was standing right in front of me. And even though I should be used to this kind of stuff by now, let me assure you that I am not.

"So... did you have fun at the concert?"

"It was really fun. You were really good too... at your... drum... playing..." Shit. I sound like an idiot. Shall we just be honest for once, Pay? "Sorry, I'm just a really big fan of yours. I'm a little nervous."

"Wow, thanks," he said, blushing. "You don't have to be nervous. I'm really not that famous."

"Not that famous? Bitch, please. Every directioner knows your name."

He laughed. "Thanks. I guess."

I decided to change the subject. "So, I saw you chatting with Zoie earlier."

"Yeah. She's pretty... cool. Pretty cool." Did he just blush again?

"Yes, she is," I agreed, grabbing a can of soda. "You should go talk to her some more."

"Maybe I will." He started to walk away.

"Wait! Josh!" I called. "Um... this is embarrassing, but... can I have your autograph?"

"Sure. Got any paper?"

"Oh, that won't be necessary," I told him, taking off one of my shoes. "Just sign this!"

He signed the shoe and handed it back to me, giving me a weird look. "You know, for someone who's dating Niall, you're really fangirl-y."

"I realize that. Now run along, Josh! Go talk to Zoie!" And start dating her and then get married and have beautiful babies together. I'm so glad I didn't say that last part out loud.