* Chapter Twelve *

Niall went and got his guitar and called all the boys to our room. I told Zayn to record the song on my phone, in case I ever wanted to post it to YouTube or something.

"So, princess, what did you want to sing?" Niall asked.

"Hmm. I dunno. Let me think." I thought intently for a moment. "Does it have to be just one song? What about a mash-up? That would be really cool."

"Fine with me. You just pick something and I'll go along with it."

"Alright... how about... hmm. I really like the song Chasing Pavements by Adele, but I dunno what would sound good with that." I shrugged. "Anyone got any ideas?"

"What about It Will Rain by Bruno Mars?" Liam suggested. "That might go with it really well, and it's a pretty good song."

"And then you could sing the Adele parts and Niall could sing the Bruno Mars parts," Zayn commented.

"Alright, I guess we could try that... now I'm kind of nervous." I blushed. "I don't really like singing in front of people."

"Aw, come on. Let us stay! You get to hear us whenever you want," Louis argued.

"Well... fine."

"Alright, let me just find the chords..." Niall started strumming his guitar. It sounded so beautiful that I didn't want to interrupt it with my singing. "Well? Go ahead, princess. You start."

I took a deep breath and started to sing.

"I've made up my mind, don't need to think it over, if I'm wrong I am right, don't need to look no further, this ain't lust, I know, this is love. But if I tell the world, I'll never say enough 'cause it was not said to you, and that's exactly what I need to do if I end up with you."

Then Niall started singing.

"There'll be no sunlight if I lose you baby, there'll be no clear skies if I lose you baby, just like the clouds my eyes will do the same, if you walk away, everyday it'll rain, rain, rain."

I smiled. He sounded like an angel. He motioned for me to sing again.

"I build myself up, and fly around in circles waiting as my heart drops, and my back begins to tingle, finally, could this be, could this be it? Should I give up, or should I just keep chasing pavements, even if it leads nowhere? Would it be a waste, even if I knew my place? Should I leave it there, even if it leads nowhere?"

"There'll be no sunlight if I lose you baby, there'll be no clear skies if I lose you baby.-"

"Would it be a waste, even if I knew my place?-"

"-If you walk away, everyday it'll rain.-"

"-Even if it leads nowhere."

Niall played the last few chords on the guitar, then everything was silent.

"...Wow," Louis said, finally breaking the silence. "That was brilliant... and depressing."

"More brilliant, though," Harry added.

"Was it really?" I blushed. "I dunno, I think I could've sounded better at some parts."

"Are you kidding me? You were great, princess." Niall kissed my forehead.

"Aw, thanks, you guys. That really means a lot to me."

There was a knock at the door, and Liam answered it.

"HEY BITCH! I MISSED YOU!" It was Zoie. She ran past Liam and tackled me in a hug.

"Zoie! Hi!" I squealed, hugging her back. "I can't believe you got here so soon!"