* Chapter Thirteen *

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful – we ate food, went over to Liam's room, and crashed there for the night. We watched 21 Jump Street while we were there. Funniest movie ever.

When I woke up in the morning, I decided to take a quick shower and blow-dry my hair. I picked out a cute outfit – a light pink tank top, a sheer white polka-dotted top, skinny jeans, and light pink flats. For makeup and jewelry, I just put on the usual mascara and pink lip gloss along with some diamond stud earrings and a heart-and-key necklace.

I knocked on Zoie's door, and she opened it instantly. I felt a little bit jealous, considering she could wear a simple t-shirt and shorts and still look flawless.

"Hey, girlie!" she exclaimed. "Come on in! It's a little messy, but whatever."

A little? That shit was like Louis Tomlinson, a tornado, AND a hurricane decided to visit at the same time. I almost tripped over multiple objects on the way to the couch.

"Hey. I thought we could talk for a while, you know, since we haven't ranted to each other in a long time." It was kind of our thing, ranting about whatever came to our minds. I could talk to Zoie about anything.

"Oh my god, yes. I need to talk to you about stuff that's going on," she agreed. "But I have questions first. How's Niall?"

"He's fine, I guess." I shrugged.

"Is he good in bed?"

I blinked. "What?"

"You heard me!" She crossed her arms, demanding an answer.

Yes. Of course. He was Niall Horan, for god's sake. Seriously, what do you expect? "Sorry Zo, I don't kiss and tell." There. That sounded safe.

She pouted. "Boo, you whore."

"Watch it, girl. Anyway, new subject. Has Harry talked to you again?"

"No," she said, sounding disappointed. "But I need a plan. I really do like him, and I want to win him back."

"Just wear a cat costume," I joked.

"Not funny, Pay!"

I chuckled. "Oh, you know it was."

"Fine. I'll think of my own plan later. One that doesn't involve a cat costume." She tried to stay serious, but she ended up laughing. "Meow, I'm a kitty! Come rescue me, Harry! Meow!"

"You're an idiot." I rolled my eyes at her.

"Oh, please. You should've seen Louis earlier this morning," she defended. "He found a hat with moose antlers on it and went around poking people in the lobby with them. The manager was not pleased." She started laughing again. "Speaking of Louis, I sensed some awkwardness between you two last night. Care to explain?"

Shit. I should probably tell Zoie. "It's a long story..."

"Bitch, you know I've got time. Spill it." She looked at me expectantly.

"I just..." I searched for the right words, and how to explain it without sounding weird. "There have been times... where I have felt attracted to him..."

"I knew it!" she exclaimed, interrupting me. "Sorry. Go on. What about Niall?"

"I love him to death," I said, letting out a sigh. "I don't know where this is coming from. I don't want to mess anything up. What should I do?"

She thought for a minute. "Well, you'll never know if the feelings towards Louis are real until you test it out. I'm not encouraging that, since you're dating Niall, but in your case... hell, I don't know." She cringed. "Damn, Pay."