Part Two

Zoey rolled her eyes. Three boys within a week, a new record. “What happened to Sean?” she asked already knowing the answer but was waiting for Ruth to say it out loud “Sean? Oh that was so yesterday” she said waving her hand.

“You guys went out for a week!” Zoey said rolling her eyes and scoffing in the process. She didn’t even know why she was trying to figure out how Ruth’s mind worked but she was too tired to function. “Okay nevermind. Ruth I just wanna go home and take a shower and sleep in my bed and possibly die there if I could” Zoey said stopping and turning to face Ruth. She looked her dead in the eye. “But he’s so hot! Come on stop being such a killjoy” Zoey sensed irritation in her voice, she let out a breath and began walking in front of her. Okay let’s think about this shall we? She thought to herself. Not going would mean Ruth would go there alone, get drunk and probably end up in major trouble” she reasoned “But if I go home I can sleep. Oh sleep seemed so seducing for Zoey.

Now it was her time to be frustrated. “Stop sulking, I’ll come with you” Ruth squealed “I love you! I literally love you. I’ll make it up to you I swear” Yeah right, Zoey thought to herself. Ruth went on to talk about how hot this John character was and how he was in a band..

Her voice trailed off and Zoey closed her eyes wondering if it was possible to take a quick nap whilst simultaneously walking.

“We’re here!” Ruth’s high pitched voice sang in my ear. Zoey felt her stomach sink. Alcohol, girls in tank tops and miniskirts hitting on beefy boys who seemed to love the attention. Zoey looked down at her knee high boots, skinny jeans with the stain and the grey V-neck she was wearing. “I’m overdressed” she said mockingly to Ruth. This is definitely my kinda party. Zoey rolled her eyes and waited for Ruth to walk inside. “Come on upstairs, John’s probably in his room” Before Zoey could do anything Ruth was already clinging to her arm leading her up the stairwell. Big house. Actually, huge house. It looked like a frat house. It probably was knowing Ruth’s taste in friends.

“Hey you guys!” Ruth said cheerfully. Her greeting was aimed at three boys emitting from one of the bedrooms. “Hey Ruth! Here for John?” One of them asked. “This is Zoey” she said. She pointed at the guy’s and said “This is Pat, Jared and Kennedy. They’re all in Johns band” she giggled like a school girl when she said the word band.

Get a grip Ruth, Zoey thought to herself. “Hi guys” She waved, barely able to raise her arm on account of how tired she was. She hoped none of them were offended. They weren’t. “Hey Zoey” Kennedy said smiling, she was pretty sure he was drunk. Pat, the most childish looking one grinned and Jared was preoccupied talking to someone.

“Hey babe!” The crowd turned to see a tall boy casually walking toward them. “Hi baby” Ruth gushed and immediately Zoey realized that this was the boy Ruth was clearly swept off her feet by. Zoey had to admit, her best friend had good taste in boys. Tall with a lanky frame, John had green eyes and light brown hair swept across his face. Wearing a plain white t shirt he sauntered over to Ruth and kissed her. At the sight of this the other three boys dispersed and I was left standing next to two horny adults making out just dying to be alone. They retreated into his bedroom.. or what Zoey thought was his bedroom and she was left alone in the hallway. Hardly surprising. She walked down, the music was so loud the floorboards were vibrating. Her boots barely made a noise on the carpet. She had made it to the end of the hallway. “You owe me so bad Ruth” she grumbled to herself.

There was an open door to her left. It was a bedroom, empty for the most part. She walked in and sat on the bed, her feet were killing her. She noticed a stack of DVD’s, she walked over and started rifling through them. “Hm, Zombie Prom, Zombieland, Star Wars..” She smiled to herself “My kinda guy”

She got up and looked around. The room was pretty ordinary, a large bed, a flat screen, piles of DVD’s and CD’s and posters on the wall. The only window was open, surprisingly enough it had a ledge. Zoey climbed over and took her place on it, being careful not to lose her balance and slip.

“This is really high” she said to herself peering down. She took out her camera and started taking pictures when she heard a noise behind her. She turned in time to see the same guy who was creeping her out at the fair

“Oh uh, I’ll come back later” he mumbled and turned to walk away. “Hey! You’re that guy! The weird one!”  Zoey called

“What?” he said looking confused

“That guy who kept showing up everywhere” Zoey said amused at his confusion

“Um, yeah, sorry I uh..”

Man why is he so awkward she thought to herself. “Join me” she said smiling