Part Four

“What the hell..”

“Geez did a hurricane hit this place?”

The aftermath of last nights’ party came in the form of tables and chairs being overturned and a lot of passed out individuals in every single corner of the house. Even on the stairs.

“How the hell do you pass out on the stairs” Garrett whispered. Zoey chuckled “The same way you pass out on the lawn” she whispered back

Garrett stifled a laugh, even though it was safe to say that even if he had made a noise no one would have awoken. They made their way to the kitchen, carefully stepping over everyone who had conveniently decided to pass out on the floor. The kitchen was a mess, to put it lightly.

Garrett ruffled his hair and began the search for two mugs and the coffee pot. Zoey hoisted herself on the kitchen counter. It was only six in the morning and the Arizona heat was creeping in. She raised her arms to pull Garretts hoodie off her when the zip got caught on a thread on her t shirt and began pulling it upward.

“Aw shit” her voice was muffled from under the layers and her arms were stuck in the same position. She heard laughter. “Nickelsen shut the fuck up and help out here”

When nothing happened “Nickelsen! Im running out of air!”

She was exaggerating of course but she was pretty sure if she didn’t get it off soon she eventually would run out of air. She began wiggling but that only lifted her t shirt higher.

She suddenly felt a pair of hands slowly untangling the thread and then breaking it to release the tangled zipper. They then helped pull the hoodie off her. Once again Zoey was aware how close Garrett was to her. She could literally feel his body heat...