Part Five

“Woah you guys” a voice suddenly erupted making Garrett step back right into the kitchen table. Zoey stifled a laugh. It was John. And Ruth was coming up behind him. 

She was about to say something when she saw us in the kitchen. She raised her eyebrows and Zoey rolled her eyes. “You can close your mouths now you guys” she said “Garrett was just helping me take off my hoodie” There was a sound of dishes falling and Garrett turned round and said “Yeah because.. uh.. her t shirt got suck. Yeah uh I was just helping her..”

“Whatever. You two hooked up it’s fine by me. Now can we go get breakfast? Im starved” Ruth said completely delirious to the fact that Zoey shaking her head quickly. “Come on John!”

Zoey looked at John just in time to see him winking at Garrett who in turn flipped him off. Garrett then proceeded to walk out but stopped in front of Zoey “Nice going dumbass”

“I didn’t do anything!” she called and hopped off the counter to catch up to the rest of them

“Zoey”

“Zoey”

“Zoey wake the fuck up!”

As soon as they had all piled into Johns’ car all the exhaustion Zoey had been feeling for the past forty eight hours completely took over her and she passed out. On Garrett.

“ZOEY”

She rolled over.

“Ew Zoey you’re getting drool on my shirt!” This time he poked her so hard in the ribs she immediately let out a moan. Her eyes flew open. When she realized just exactly where she was and on who she was she got up so fast her head started spinning

“Ruth” she moaned “Can we please go home” she felt her eyes begin to close again and she let her head hang. Garrett nudged her and then proceeded to whisper in her ear “Don’t fall asleep, the zombie apocalypse is upon us” in a completely serious tone.

She then let out the biggest laugh and almost choked. Garrett cracked up too and pretty soon they were laughing hysterically while everyone around them just stared.

“Geez get a room” Ruth said looking at them

Whatever anyone said after that just spurred them on more and whenever the two of them thought they were done laughing, someone would say something and they would be at it again.

“Maybe they did hook up last night” John whispered to Ruth. “You think?” she retorted

“Hey! Hey Garrett wait up” Zoey called as they headed into the diner. He stopped walking and waited for her. She walked right up to him, pulled him closer and then leaned into him. “This” she whispered in his ear “is for when you poked me” she punched him on the arm and then ran off laughing before he could react

“Ow! Fucking hell!” 

-----

By the time Garrett got inside he could only see John in a corner booth. “Where’s Zoey” he demanded, rubbing his arm and looking around for her.

“Dude. Chill. She and Ruth went to the bathroom together.” John responded calmly. Just then the door to the diner opened and in walked Kennedy, Jared, Pat and Tim.

“Hey guys!” John waved them over “Shit Kennedy you look hungover”

“Probably because I am Einstein” Kennedy responded completely monotone. He sat down near John and lay his head down on the table.

“Man you need some coffee in your system” Tim said and went over to the counter. Jared took the window seat on Johns’ side and Pat did the same on Garretts’ side.