Chapter 33

Haley's POV:

"THAT WAS INSANE!!" Toby yelled as we all met backstage after the show had finished. You see, after Braiden's performance for the guys, they all teamed up one last time and played all their old songs. Sure, they deviated from the actual schedule of the show but no one seemed to mind since the crowd had gone, as Toby stated, INSANE!! It really was the BEST Before You Exit concert I had ever gone to. Grinning widely, I ruffled Toby's wet hair as he took my hands, jumping up and down. No, he didn't yell at me for messing with his hair... FOR THE FIRST TIME!

"Haley, did you see the whole show? Did you like it? Did you like it? I was so overwhelmed that my heart felt like I was driving a Bugatti at full speed down a highway with no speed limits!!" Toby yelled, carrying my arms with his jumps. I let out a laugh at his Bugatti reference.

"Yeah, Tobster! I DID see it all and you're right. THAT WAS INSANE!" I yelled back, grabbing Toby by the arms to calm him down.

"Toby, you HAVE to calm down!" I heard a very familiar voice say from behind that I had missed dearly. My heart skipped a beat as I turned around to face Connor, Thomas and... Braiden, who were coming from their dressing room and laughing hard at something. Braiden caught my gaze immediately and his grin faded to a small, shy smile. I smiled back in the same manner before Braiden looked away, his cheeks turning a lightest shade of pink. I was a hundred percent sure that mine had gone pink, too!

"So, umm... Guys?" Braiden called out, gaining everyone's attention. Thomas and Lindsey stopped hugging each other as well, me catching Lindsey's eye and winking at her. She giggled, looking down. Thomas looked at her and smiled, kissing her lightly on the cheek. I felt my cheeks would never come back from their smiling position from how widely I was grinning. I felt like squealing so loudly!! Those two were adorable!! Of course, everyone saw the little... PDA and was smiling at each other.

"Right, so... Umm..." Braiden began again with a chuckle. Oh yeah! He had wanted our attention a minute ago, too! Oops! We all laughed, embarrassed and gave our full attention to the guy.

"I have a surprise for you guys," he stated, smiling at Connor, Riley, Toby and Thomas. They looked at each other, confused and excited. Connor glanced at me as if to ask if I knew what the surprise was. I smiled and shook my head. I honestly had NO idea!!

"Well? What is it?" Toby and Lindsey squealed at the same time. I laughed at them. Braiden grinned, looking behind us all.

"You can come out now!" he called. We all spun around to find Mr and Mrs. McDonough and Mr and Mrs. Silvers making their way towards their sons. The boys couldn't believe it! BUT the moment their brains registered what was happening, they yelled out in delight and dashed towards their parents. They all began hugging each other and talking at a thousand miles per second as they approached Lindsey, Braiden and I.

"Hey, I'm so sorry I didn't invite your parents. I didn't know if they were busy or---" Braiden began, turning to Lindsey and I. We both smiled at each othere before hugging Braiden from either sides, surprising him.

"It's okay, B!" Lindsey mumbled. We let go of Braiden as he smiled at us. His expression suddenly changed as though he had remembered something.

"Actually Lindsey, I think I MIGHT have something for you..." he trailed off, smiling slightly as he dashed in the direction of the dressing room. Lindsey and I glanced at each other in confusion and Lindsey was about to say something when another familiar voice spoke before her.

"HALEY!" Mrs. McDonough squealed. My heart melted at her sight and I felt tears forming in my eyes.

"Mrs. McDonough," I mumbled as she wrapped her arms around me in a tight hug. After all this time, how did she still remember which kind of hug to give when?