Chapter 8 - Flower Petals

Raven went to the school garden to get some fresh air. She went to a spot behind some trees and sat on the grass. She grabbed a little flower and looked at it. It was beautiful. She then remembered something that she used to do to petals before.

Thinking of a guy, she slowly plucked out a petal, followed by another, and another.

"He loves me," Raven started.

"He loves me not,"

"He loves me,"

"He loves me not,"

"He loves me." Raven finally ended as she plucked the last petal.

She was... surprised.

This never happened to her. Whenever she thought of a boy, even if she doesn't really love them, and starts plucking petals off of flowers while saying "He loves me, he loves me not", it always ends with a "He loves me not." Well, everyone except her dad. Every time she thinks of her dad while doing that, it ends with a "He loves me." And this guy she thought of, was a guy she really liked. A guy with a last name of Charming. A guy named Dexter Charming.

Raven looked at the flower with no petals once more, and hugged it to her chest.

"Raven?"

~~~

Meanwhile, right after class was dismissed, Dexter was trying to find Raven to discuss about the field trip for Chemythstry when he saw her run down the hall. Thinking that Raven would just run off to the castleteria, he just walked normally and didn't bother to run, after all, it made sense that she'd probably run to the castleteria since it was lunch time.

But she didn't.

Instead, he saw her speed down the garden. He started to run but he lost sight of her.

"Oh gort, now I'll never find her!" Dexter muttered.

He heard someone speaking softly, and although he couldn't really hear the words well, he was able to make up the words "He loves me, he loves me not, he loves me..." It was coming from behind the trees. He waited for a while until it stopped.

It was a voice he knew. A voice he knew too well.

"Raven?" Dexter asked, walking through the middle of two trees.

He saw Raven, hugging a flower with no petals.

Raven quickly hid the flower behind her back and turned to look at him, clearly embarrassed with what he saw.

"Dexter! I-I didn't know you were there! Wait, how long have you been there? D-did you hear everything I said?" She asked with a really nervous voice.

"No, not really..." Dexter started to explain.

"What do you mean by 'Not really'?"

"Nothing. I didn't hear anything."

"Oh, okay..." Raven ended, still unsure.

They stared at each other without talking until Raven asked "So, why are you here?"

"I wanted to talk about the field trip. You know, since we're partners."

"Oh, what about that?"

"Well, what should we do for our field trip research?"

"Maybe we should just chat about it over lunch."

"Lunch?"

"Yeah. We haven't eaten, remember? Or at least, I haven't eaten..."

"Oh, yeah, sure. I, also, haven't eaten."

Raven gave Dexter a little smile and Dexter did the same as they walked to the castleteria. As they were on their way, Dexter was about to talk to Raven, who was slightly behind Dexter, when he heard a little scream. He looked at her and gasped. Raven as lying on the floor and was being attacked.