I'm Sorry

I know I haven't made a chapter in this book for a long time, but I'm gonna have to temporarily hold this book. I'm getting busier and busier and school, and it gives me less time to think about ideas for this book. I'm sorry.

But because I'm gonna hold it, I'm gonna let you read one oneshot as my sorry gift.

------------------------------

"I... I... I c-can't believe it!" The girl stuttered as she looked at the coffin. Her makeup was smeared against her pale white face. Her jet black hair with violet streaks were messy. It was very obvious that this girl had been crying, yet even in her condition, she was still stunningly beautiful. If she cleaned up, she could give Apple White a run for her money.

"I'm so sorry for you loss-" Her dark turquoise, mint green, and dark magenta-haired friend started, but was then cut off.

"No! I didn't lose anyone! He's not gone!" She screamed and shut her eyes tight. No, it's not real. It might probably just be a nightmare- Why, yes! That's it! It's just a nightmare. When I open my eyes, I'll wake up! She thought, but when she opened them again, nothing changed.

"This isn't real! Tell me it isn't, Maddie!" She cried again. She looked at the girl beside her. The girl who tried to comfort her and gave condolences to her loss. Her friend just shook her head.

"Raven, you have to accept it. It's hard, I know." Another friend, a girl wearing a red hood, stepped towards her and placed her hand on the sobbing girl's shoulder. Raven looked at her and frowned.

"You know how it feels? How? This never even happened to you, Cerise! You've never even experienced what I'm experiencing right now!" Raven hollered. Cerise pulled her hood down further and backed away. Maddie started to cry.

"What now? Now you want sympathy? Stupid, little, sympathy?" Raven was furious now. She was burning with rage. An aura of purple fire surrounded her.

Her magic started going haywire again. Random bursts of magic bolted out of that magical aura of hers, scorching the walls, floors, and everywhere else it hit in the room. A few magical spheres -which were way stronger than those bursts of magic- shot out of her aura as well, causing the places it hit to set small fires.

Raven then suddenly snapped back. She realized what she had done, and she extinguished her dark magic. She looked around. Yes, she extinguished her magic, but the room was still "slightly" damaged. That was one thing she couldn't do with her magic yet: Fix stuff.

"Guys," She started as her expression softened. She wiped her wet eyes so that she could see more clearly, then she faced her friends.

She just gasped. Her friends didn't seem like themselves.

Cerise, who was usually the tough and fearless type who proved that a girl could just be as good as a boy, maybe even better, was tearing up and backing away, looking at her with fearful eyes and a very hurt expression. Maddie, the very bubbly and happy-go-lucky kind of girl, was very sad, tearing up and backing away as well.

H-had I done that? Raven wondered. This is all my fault. It's my fault that they're like this! It's my fault that he died! She started to sob again.

"I'm so sorry..." She said as she cried. She turned and decided to leave. To run away and never come back. Suddenly, a hand -a masculine hand- grabbed her own. She could tell.

"What-?" Raven turned around too see the person she last expected.

"Go away." She grumbled, pulling her hand back from his grip, but the man grabbed her arm. She started to get annoyed.

"Can't you see? I want to be alone! I'm making things worse for everyone!" She hollered at him, but the man still held her arm tightly. She tried to pull her hand away, but she couldn't. Finally, the man spoke.

"Raven, look. I'm sorry for your loss, but your friends are right. You better move on. It's not just for us, but for you and him as well." When he said the word him, Raven felt like sobbing again, which she did.

"Don't you see it's all my fault? Because of me, I've hurt my friends, and I wasn't even able to save him!" She cried and struggled to get loose of the man's grip. Then the unexpected happened.

The man hugged her.

"Shh, it's okay. Stop crying." He soothed her, stroking her hair in the process. She softly cried on his shoulder.

Finally, she calmed down.

"I better say sorry to my friends." She said, wiping off the tears on her face, yet smudging her makeup even more. She pulled away from him and walked towards her friends, who were sitting down on the bench in the last row.

"Hey," She said as she sat on the same bench, yet apart from her friends. She was staring at her lap, trying not to make eye contact.

"You don't have to do that." Maddie said as she scooted over to her. Raven looked at her and raised one of her eyebrows, as if to say "What?".

"You don't have to avoid making eye contact." Maddie clarified. "Oh, and the narrator told me everything. Actually, he narrated everything, so I know what happened. And I forgive you." She smiled at Raven, who smiled back at her. Then Cerise came over and smiled at her as well. For once, Raven believed Maddie and was actually happy with the narrator. She was glad to have Maddie and Cerise back.

"Thanks guys. And thanks for staying here with me. I love you guys, I can't imagine what it's like without you. I'm so lucky to have you as friends." Raven said. She was really glad to have them. They were so kind, they even offered to stay with her to comfort her when everybody else had gone.

"Yeah, but you should probably go to him and say goodbye. You know, for, umm, closure?" Cerise said, with a bit of hesitation. She and Maddie looked at Raven nervously, unsure if she would have another breakdown.

"Yeah. I... I guess I will." Raven walked over to the coffin once more.

"I... I love you, D-D..." The waterworks were starting again and she couldn't seem to say his name. Someone squeezed her hand.

It was the man awhile ago.

She looked at him for comfort, and he just gave her a sincere and encouraging smile. She took a deep breath.

"I love you, Dad." She finally said. Then, she turned to the man.

"And you, thanks for staying with me as well. I love you, Dexter."

------------------------------

Okay, that was awful. I made that oneshot before, when I was younger, and I just had it in my Evernote app in my iPad. I actually love making oneshots, but when it comes to making a whole book, I'm somehow struggling on trying to make sure that each chapter can connect with each other, because one wrong mistake can send the whole story into a chaotic mess.

Well, this is my last update for this book (for now).

Annyeong!
~Hopelia