Chapter 9 - Attacked?!

Dexter Charming turned to look at Raven. He gasped.

Raven was lying on the floor while being attacked.

Attacked by a scaly beast that was the size of an adult dog whose name is Nevermore.

"Raven? Are you okay?" Dexter asked, concerned.

"I-I'm f-fine!" Raven giggled. Nevermore, her pet dragon, was attacking her with tickles.

"C-can you h-help me?" Begged Raven, still laughing.

"Okay..." Dexter responded and headed towards the dragon. He wasn't afraid of Nevermore. Well, of course, the first time he met her, he was afraid. Now, he's not afraid, and even his own pet jackalope, Mr. Cottonhorn, sometimes played with Nevermore.

"Nevermore! Stop!" Raven kept on pleading, but her pet dragon didn't stop.

"Come here Nevermore..." As Dexter bent down to grab Nevermore, she ran past Dexter, knocking him down in the process. Dexter stopped his fall with his hands, only to realize that he landed on top of Raven, and Raven had her elbows keep her up from the ground. They realized that their faces were only inches apart and stared at each other wide eyed.

"I, um..." Dexter started.

"Oh! I-" Raven tried to apologize.

"Look, this is my fault."

"No it's not, it's mine!"

"But I fell on you!"

"But you fell down because I asked you to get Nevermore!"

"But-" They were both cut off when they heard something, or someone.

They heard someone... Giggling.

Dexter and Raven were alarmed. They tried to get up but ended up falling back down, sending Raven completely lying on the floor and Dexter's glasses to land perfectly on Raven's eyes before Dexter fell on her again.

"Aww, there you two lovebirds are!" Giggled Maddie as she jumped off a tree. Yes, she jumped off a tree since she was on it a while ago.

"Maddie? Were you spying on us?" Raven asked.

"No! Well, maybe... But can you guys stand up? I can't take you two seriously like that!" Maddie laughed even harder. Raven and Dexter realized what Maddie was talking about and Dexter quickly got up. He held out his hand and Raven grabbed it, and he helped Raven up. Dexter blinked a bit because he wasn't wearing his glasses, and he turned to face Raven. Raven did the same too, and faced Dexter.

Wow, she's so... Cute. She looks cute with glasses! Dexter thought while staring at Raven. Sure, Dexter needed glasses, but of course he can still see stuff without it, though it has to be near, being nearsighted and all.

Raven decided to remove the glasses and blinked. She shut her eyes closed for about ten seconds before opening them, and she looked at Dexter.

Wow! His... His eyes. They're magnificent! Raven thought.

"Aww! That's so sweet! You two are holding hands and complimenting each other's eyes!" Maddie interrupted them.

"Wait- What? Who told you that?" Dexter and Raven asked in unison.

"The Narrator did! Right Narrator?" Maddie asked.

Of course, I- err, the Narrator, didn't answer. Since narrators aren't allowed to interfere. Now where was I? Oh yes, Dexter and Raven were still holding hands, until Raven realized what Maddie meant.

"Oh! Sorry!" Raven pulled her hand away. She held her arms behind her back and gave a shy smile. Dexter scratched his head and also had a shy smile on his face. Maddie then giggled weirdly.

"Maddie, why are you laughing?" Asked Raven.

"Look at Nevermore!" Maddie suggested.

Raven and Dexter raised an eyebrow and looked at Nevermore, and they both felt their cheek burn right after.

"Nevermore!" Raven said, annoyed and embarrassed. Nevermore was making heart-shaped smoke puffs from her mouth. Raven was about to chase Nevermore when she stopped and concentrated, and she turned into a large dragon.

"Nevermore! You naughty dragon!" Raven shouted when her dragon flew up in the air and went back to the Enchanted Forest.

"Sorry about- that." Raven apologized.

"Maybe you two should have lunch. You haven't eaten." Maddie said.

"Oh yeah, thanks Maddie." Dexter said. He and Raven walked to the castleteria while Maddie stayed behind.

"Yeah Narrator, I did!"

Maddie, shouldn't you eat? You haven't eaten right?

"Well, yeah I haven't."

Then go on and eat, okay Maddie, bye!

"Okay Narrator, bye!"

And Maddie headed off to catch up with Raven and Dexter to go to the castleteria.