Chapter 4 - Changing ways

| L e o n |

"I mean, she must have done something. I found you literally laughing and joking with each other, seconds after you were willing to rip each other's throat out!"

"At last, Diego, I realised it myself. She played a part, yes alright, and I owe her, but don't go around thinking she cast a love spell on me, because she didn't." Shaking my head, I glared at my best friend.

For the past hour, ever since Violetta and I parted ways, Diego hasn't stopped blabbering his passion nonsense, same as yesterday. Sometimes I wondered if he liked the idea of Violetta and I together more than him and Francesca.

Ugh, best friends. A pain in the ass, but always there for you nonetheless.

Diego took a sip from his banana smoothie, "Fine, but out of the blue? Are you serious right now? You're telling me that while you were practically shoving her against a tree, wall, I don't know what," He earned a hard glare from me at that, "You realised you, all of us, had been massive jerks and had a sudden change of heart?"

Would it be bad if I said 'yes'?

Probably yeah, because it would be a lie.

I finished the rest of my strawberry smoothie, while Diego was still at the beginning. Well, talking that much did that. We were currently at the Rest Bar, Francesca's brother's café, because we had nothing else to do, since we had been kicked out of the Studio.

Even thinking about it stung.

I was devastated when I heard the words come out of Pablo's mouth, and Antonio confirming it. However, what stung the most, was the disappointed looks on their faces as I knew I let them down.

They had high expectations of me once, expectations they saw crumbling down yesterday, when they finally realised I wasn't the same boy as I was years ago.

But now, I was willing to change that.

I was willing to go back to the Leon that wanted nothing more than sing his heart out and achieve his dreams, become a rockstar and form a band. Okay, well, we had a long way until that, but a man can dream, can't he?

Anyways, back to the point, which was what Diego was endlessly talking about. How I finally realised we had been treating the entire Studio like garbage.

If I said 'yes', I would dismiss the subject, and deny everything he had been rambling about the past hour. If I didn't, which would be the truth, I would give his wild thoughts a boost and he would never, ever, stop talking.

So I chose the former.

"Yes, Diego, I had a 'sudden change of heart', call it what you want to call it, but it was that. It's not impossible, not uncommon either. I saw what shit we had put everyone through these years, and I ultimately decided to make it up to them." I rolled my eyes, relaxing back on my chair. Please, make him stay quiet now.

"I don't believe you." Diego responded, earning a groan from me as I put my face in my hands. What would it take for him to stop, and shut up?

My face still in my hands, I spoke. "Why are we even talking about how I came to my senses? Isn't the important thing that I did, at last?"

I so badly wanted to change the subject. Surely, I felt awful about all the things I did. From Francesca to Violetta, and the list went on. Violetta deserved the biggest apology of them all. The poor girl had been hurt by both Ludmila and I, and my lunatic girlfriend almost injured her for good.