A New School

~Tara's POV~

We've been settled in London for a couple of months now. Summer is coming to an end and school is about to start up again. I really don't want to go through this without Zayn but I know I'm going to have to. I'm just lucky that we got to see each other over the summer a bit. Besides, we have still been keeping in contact. I really don't know what to expect with this new school. I haven't made any friends yet this summer and at this point, I could care less if I make any new friends.

I've changed a bit over the summer once again. My parents are probably happy about that. I've decided to drop the black clothes and I'm back to wearing my usual clothes. However, I haven't totally given up my rebel attitude. I still don't like my stepbrothers and stepdad so of course I'm going to act out and not listen to them. Thankfully, no one has seen my tattoo either. I've been able to keep it hidden since I've been wearing the bracelets that Niall, Liam, and Louis got me along with the locket from Harry.

Anyway, today is the first day of a new school year. All three of my stepbrothers are in college. My brother Andrew is a Senior and Stan is a Sophomore. I'm starting eighth grade. We all get ready for school, have breakfast, and make our way to school. At school, I part ways from my brothers' and go about another first day of school. The day drags on and all I want to do is go back home. It's so boring sitting here listening to the teachers explain what to expect this year. Blah, blah, blah.

The next couple of days go by, and still no friends. I come home from school and get on my computer to chat with Zayn. This is also the best part of my day since Zayn and I are such close friends but are no where near each other. Zayn keeps telling me that I'll make friends and that it's only a matter of time. I know he is right but I know that once I make new friends, we'll have to pack up and leave again so there's no point.

The following week, I'm sitting in homeroom drawing when another person sits next to me. "I've noticed that you are new here." The girl says. "Yeah. Moved here over the summer from Bradford." "How come?" "My stepdad's new job." "That sucks." She says. "You're telling me. It's not the first move that we've made." "Wow. What's your name?" "Tara. Yours?" "I'm Stella. What are you working on there? It doesn't look like homework." "It's not. I'm just doing some drawings. It's kinda a hobby of mine." "Well you're good at it." "Thanks." It turns out that Stella and I have a few other classes together so we decide to sit by one another.

That evening, I tell Zayn about Stella and he's happy that there's someone I can hang out with. The rest of the week, Stella and I hang out and she even invites me to a party that weekend. I've actually been having a good time hanging out with Stella and we've became friends. We do a bunch of things together. It's really nice have a girl friend so we can do more girl things.

The year continues on and Stella and I are still doing everything together. I still talk with Zayn in the evenings. I still miss hanging out with him but at least I have someone to hang out with now so I'm not keeping Zayn from his friends and the parties that he is probably going to.

The school year is almost over. I was expecting my parents to tell us that we are moving but the opposite is happening. We are staying right here in London. Hopefully, we stay here until I at least finish high school.

Note: There will only be a few chapters left of this story. However, I'm struggling on how I want to end it. Let me know your ideas on how you would like to see the story end and I'll take them into consideration.