Memories

~Tara's POV~

I'm having a really good dream when I hear a voice calling my name. "Tara. It's time to get up for school." "C'mon Tara." I roll over onto my back and open my eyes. Zayn is standing there smiling at me. "Good morning T." "Morning Zayn." "I'll be downstairs eating while you get ready." I nod my head and he walks out to leave me to get ready.

When I get out of the shower, I go back into the bedroom to get dressed. I look in my bag to find that I forgot to pack clothes for today. "Zayn!" I call downstairs. I hear him make his way upstairs. "Yeah. Whaddya need?" He asks. "I sorta forgot clothes for today. Mind letting me borrow some?" "Not at all. Be right back." He goes into his room and then comes back with a pair of black skinny jeans and a black button down shirt. "Here. These should do." "Thanks." I say and he gives me a nod.

Once I'm all dressed and everything, I head downstairs for breakfast. I see cereal and milk sitting on the counter so I grab a bowl and pour myself some cereal. Zayn and I finish breakfast and then head off to school despite me not having any of my school stuff. Oh well. I could care less.

The school day drags on slowly but finally the final bell rings. Zayn and I grab our things and make our way home as usual. Right before we go our separate ways, Zayn stops. "Tara. Just remember you are welcome to stay with me anytime. "Thanks Z. And I'll have your clothes washed and returned to you tomorrow." "Keep them. And don't mention it." I say bye to Zayn and enter the house.

"Tara? Is that you?" My mom calls from the kitchen. "Yeah Mom. It's me." She comes running into the hallway and wraps me in a hug. "I was so worried about you. I thought you had been kidnapped." "No Mom. I left a note yesterday." "I didn't see one when we came home." "Oh. Something must have happened to it. Well I'm gonna go upstairs." "Alright." She says and I leave to my room.

I turn on some music and open my closet to change clothes when something on the shelf catches my eye. I grab the shoe box and take a seat on the floor. I open it up too see some pictures and a some jewelry. I pull out the pictures and look at them. The first one is of me this past summer with a boy who has curly brown hair and green eyes giving me a kiss on the cheek. Harry. I look back into the box and see a necklace with the letter H on it. I open it up and see a picture of the two of us giving the other bunny ears.

"Let's do a funny picture this time." I tell Harry. "Alright. What should we do?" We think for a minute and then look at each other and say, "Bunny ears." We laugh and then take the picture.

The day to move has finally arrived. Harry and his family are over to say goodbye to us. Harry and I are standing right in front of each other. "Harry, I want to give you something so you will always remember me." He nods and then I give him a necklace with the letter T on it and friends forever inscribed on the back. He puts it on and then hands me something. "This is for you." He says. I open my hand to a locket. The outside has an H on it. I open it up and there's a picture of us giving each other bunny ears. I smile and give him a hug. "I will always treasure this Harry." "I will never forget you Tara." He puts it on me. Then comes picture time. We stand there hugging and he gives me a kiss on the cheek.

I look back at the picture and locket and smile. I put the locket on and then switch to the next picture. This one is of me a few years back and a boy with boy brown hair and blue eyes. We have our arms around each other shoulders and a smile on our faces. Louis. I then pull out the bracelet with his name on it.

I was playing computer games and Louis had followed me. We started talking and that's how we became friends. When my parents told the Tomlinsons' the news, I looked at Louis and he was crying. We spent every second together until moving day. We stand in front of each other. I have made a bracelet for him and am waiting to give it to him. " I have something for you." We both say at the same time. We smile a little and then he says, "You first." I hand him the bracelet I made. "Friends Forever. Tara." He reads. He looks at me with a slight smile and hands me something. Its also a bracelet. "Friends Forever. Louis." I read. We help each other with the bracelets and then hug. "Never forget." I whisper. "I couldn't even if I tried." He says back. Then it's picture time. We place our arms around each other's shoulder and smile.

I put the bracelet me gave me on and switch to another picture. This one is of me at the end of third grade smiling along with a boy who has a bit lighter brown hair than Louis and brown eyes. Liam. I look in the box and see the purple bracelet and pull it out.

I told myself that no one could ever replace my best friend. Once I got to know Liam though, we became best friends. We had classes together and did everything together including sleepovers. When we were told the news, I cried myself to sleep that night. Then moving day came. I say goodbye to Nicola and Ruth and then stand in front of Liam. "I promise that we will always be friends. And to prove it, I want you to have this." I say and hand Liam a bracelet that I had made in art class one day. It is pink and purple. Our favorite colors. "Forever and always. I have something for you too." Liam says. He then hands me a bracelet that I guess he made in art class too. It's purple. We help each other tie the bracelets onto our left wrists. We hug. "I will never forget you." Liam whispers into my ear. "Friends Forever. I won't forget you either." I whisper back. Our parents come over and take a picture of us.

I put that bracelet on and switch to the last picture. This one was taken after first grade. I was so young. I'm standing next to a boy with dark brown hair and he's holding my teddy bear. Both of us are smiling but I can see the pain in both of our  blue eyes. Niall. He was my first best friend.

We met on the first day of kindergarten. He was shy but as we talked, he opened up. From that day on, we were joined at the hip and had hardly spent anytime apart. We even lived just a couple house down from each other.

Anytime I was upset or sad, I would go to Niall. He could always cheer me up and his laugh was contagious.

The day finally arrives where we have to move. Niall and I look at each other for a while saying nothing. "I have something for you Tara." "I have something for you too. You first though." I say. He pulls something out of his pocket and hands it to me. It is a bracelet that has the Irish flag on it. "Thank you." I say and slip it on my left wrist. I run over to the car where his present is at and run back to him. "Here. I want you to have this." I hand him my favorite stuffed animal, a teddy bear. "I can't take this. You sleep with him every night." Niall says. "I want you to have him so you don't forget me." I say and he nods. We both then hug each other not wanting to let go.

Both of my parents and his mom walk over to us. "Let's get one last picture of you two." My mom says. Niall and I stand next to each other and smile. Both of our moms take the photo and then its time to go. Niall and I hug one last time. "Don't ever forget me." Niall says. "I won't. And don't forget me." I say back.

I pull out the last bracelet and put it on. I just stare at the photos for a little while longer before I'm called down to supper. I put the photos back in the box and put it back on the shelf. I tuck the locket inside my shirt and cover the bracelets with the sleeve before going down for supper. I keep quiet as memories of my friends run through my mind.

After supper, I go back up to my room and get on Facebook. I check through my friend requests and see all of my old friends names pop up. I accept all of them and then log off to do homework. I change into my pajamas and head to bed. I fall asleep almost immediately. Today wasn't so bad after all.