Christmas Break

~Tara's POV~

Two days of break has gone by and it's Christmas Eve. So far it's been kinda boring. Zayn has came over to help me pack for my dad's but for the most part we've been at his house hanging out. We even helped his mom with cooking some cookies. I really like his family and get along with them. I'm actually at his house right now helping him pack.

"So how long has it been since you've seen your father?" Zayn asks. "Ever since he left. Andrew is the only one of us who has actually gone to visit on their own. They get along really well." "What about you and Stan?" "Stan gets along with Dad pretty well too. With me though it's hard to say. I've had no contact with him since he left. I was only eight when he left." "I'm sorry." "Don't be. Not your fault. None of ours really." Zayn walks over to his computer and turns on his music. We finish packing while we listen to our favorite bands.

Zayn and I are sitting in his room talking when his mom comes in. "Would you like to stay for supper Tara?" "Yes please." "Alright. It'll be ready shortly. Zayn, come down and set the table." Zayn follows his mom out and I decide to flip on the TV. I scan through the channels to find a bunch of movies that I really don't want to watch. When Zayn comes back, we get on his computer and watch YouTube videos.

After supper, I remind Zayn about leaving on Wednesday and then walk home. As I'm walking towards the stairs, my mother calls out to me. "Tara, come join us." "No thank you." "Tara," Dad says. "We are having family time. Now come join." I huff and walk into the living room. I take a seat on the floor next to Andrew and we watch some dumb Christmas movie. Once it's over, I rush upstairs and decide to finish packing before going to bed.

~Zayn's POV~

Ever since Tara begged me to go with her to her dad's, I've been nervous. I don't know why but I just feel like I shouldn't go. Tara needs me though so I'm going to be there for her. The past few days, we've hung out and packed for the trip. Tara came over earlier and we finished my packing so I don't have to worry about that the following day.

On Christmas day, I stay at home with my family. We open presents and have dinner and spend the day together. Since Tara couldn't come over today, we've been texting. She's a bit nervous about this trip so I've been trying to calm her down. And myself at that. Hopefully everything goes well.

Before going to bed, I double check to make sure I have everything I need. I change clothes and set my alarm for 8:30. I tell my family goodnight and then lay in bed trying to go to sleep. After about fifteen minutes, I turn some music on and then fall asleep.