Shopping and Begging

~Tara's POV~

I finally thought over what I'm going to say to my father but there's one last thing to do before I give him my answer. I get ready and then have a bowl of cereal. I hear the doorbell ring. I jump up and run to answer the door knowing it's Zayn. I open it and there he is. "Hey Zayn. Come on in. We'll be leaving shortly." "Thanks." He says stepping in. We sit down in the living room and watch TV until my mom comes in and tells us it's time to go.

We get to the mall at about 10:30. We go to various stores looking for items for my brothers'. Zayn and I look around and just joke about different things that we see. After a couple of hours, we stop at the food court for lunch. I'm craving tacos so that's what I get. We sit down at a table and start talking. My mom gets along really well with Zayn and I'm glad about that. We finish up eating and my mom says, "You two can go do your own thing while I finish up." "Thanks Mom." I say and Zayn and I head to a few of our favorite stores.

"Hey Z?" "Yeah." "Last night, I got a call from my real dad. He's invited me and my brothers' to spend a week and a half with him. My brothers' have agreed to go." "What about you?" "That's the thing. I don't want to spend the time with Derek and the twins without Andrew and Stan. I also don't want to spend time with my dad. I was hoping maybe you would come with me?" "I don't know T." He says hesitantly. "Please? I really need you there." "And why do you say that?" "Because if I know my brothers' and my dad, which I do, then it won't be much fun for me. Besides we promised to hang out practically everyday of break." "Oh fine. I'll go." "Thanks so much Z." I say giving him a hug. "Anything for you." We finish up and meet back up with my mom.

I get home and ask Andrew for Dad's number. He gives it to me and I make the call. I ask if it's alright to bring a friend and thankfully he agrees to it. I go to bed not dreading seeing my father as much anymore since I'll have Zayn there. He truly is the greatest best friend.