XXXVIII. - Team.

~ ~

         Hello there, dear readers. Here is chapter 38, finally. I am terribly sorry for the long wait; I had the intention of updating more frequently during the summer but the laziness wants what it wants.

          Anyway, this chapter is dedicated to Em because she is a sweetheart and I love her contribution to this story.

          I have lost a lot of readers due the late updates, I'm sad but hey, I can't blame anyone, can I?

As usual, read, vote and comment. I love hearing what you think in the comments, so keep them flowing.

          I thought the song on the side went pretty well with this chapter, so I added it. 

Kisses and hugs. xoxo.

~ ~

        "I can't do that, Mystery!", Heidi blurted out, trying to look as decisive as possible but it only earned her a mere chuckle from her friend.

        "Of course you can, honey!", the brunette exclaimed with a stunning smile, gently rubbing her friend's arm. "And you are going to.", she finished, applying more pressure on the porcelain skin. Heidi looked down at her arm before setting her beautiful eyes on the brunette, lost at words. Her friendly smiled died as a hostile expression took over her features.

       "I don't want him doing something foolish.", Mystery explained, though it was uncalled for. "We need to keep an eye on him. And what a better way to do so than to invite him to a party?"

        "His name is Ezekiel, in case you forgot.", Heidi seethed, irritated how Mystery kept referring at the player by he.

       "Oh it doesn't matter.", Mystery chuckled, wiggling her eyebrows at the blonde. "So, you are inviting him to the party. Good for him, he's gonna be thrilled."

        Heidi sighed, both annoyed and weary. The two friends were at their favorite café, sharing what looked like good times but the only person who was enjoying this was Mystery.

         Heidi looked through the glass window, escaping the conversation. She wished to be anywhere but here, around anyone but Mystery Middleton.

        "Sometimes I don't know whether to laugh at you or pity you, Heidi.", the girl in the pixie haircut whispered, leaning over. The blonde snapped her head towards her friend, apparently hurt by her words. Mystery merely shrugged her shoulders, indifferent.

        "You want to be one of us, again? Then prove yourself worthy of our trust. The Blue Bloods fell to pieces because of you.", she finished with a mocking smile before drinking from her black coffee, giving her words the proper time to sink in. Heidi shifted in her seat, uneasy, then heavily sighed.

        "So what is it going to be?", Mystery asked with a dangerous grin as she got on her feet. "Do you want to be the girl who gets the guy or the girl with the power in her hands?"

Heidi didn't need to answer for Mystery to get her choice.

         "That's my girl.", Mystery's eyes gleamed with malice as she patted on the blonde curls before leaving the cozy diner.