XIV. - Wicked Games.

Mrs. Keys' boring class was approaching its end but that didn't stop Sky Chambers from sighing in frustration; why did she choose that course? AP. World History was such a dull course and it was long and boring, especially with Mrs. Keys monotonous voice. Argh. Sinking back in her seat, Sky retrieved her phone from her pocket only to notice she got a text message from Jeffrey Otton. Heart swelling, she opened the text, reading.

"Meet me by my car at exactly 3 p.m. No excuses allowed this time, milady.", it said. Smiling in euphoria, Sky locked her phone before drifting into dreams. Since their kiss on that dimly lit hallway, Sky distanced herself from Jeffrey, trying her best not to cross his path.

First, because what happened between them would be making things really awkward. Second, he was still Sady's boyfriend which meant he technically cheated on her and Sky was just as guilty as him. And finally, because the beautiful redhead really liked him and the thought of being near him, his muscular body just inches away from him would make her swell and do something really stupid.

Sky knew what kind of girls Sady Matthews was; she was one of those girls who would make her life a living hell. It was true she was kinder than her best friend Heidi, but she was in no way less venomous or less vindictive. Sighing in weariness, she glanced at her phone just as the bell rang.

Getting up, she drove herself outside the classroom, towards the parking lot where Jeffrey told her to meet him. With each step she took, she prayed to God that he'll be alone. Exiting the hallway, thoughts invaded her mind; what if Jeffrey was setting her up? Worse still, what if somebody saw their little encounter that day and was playing with her, planning on humiliating her in front of the whole school? Choosing safety over fun, Sky took a turn and left the school, heading towards her home.

****

Jeffrey Otton glanced at his watch; it was exactly 3:10 and Sky was nowhere to be found. The school parking lot was empty and everybody but him was long gone. Where was she; lost in the hallways? Sighing in annoyance, Jeffrey climbed into his car and started the engine, driving away.

He was going to catch Sky Chambers even if he has to wander every street, every alley of Stonecrest Lake. Speeding up, he hoped he'll catch her. Considering she didn't have a car, there was a chance she was still nearby. Following his instincts, Jeffrey drove to where he almost ran her over. Sky Chambers was about to take a turn, introducing herself in the intersection of Doumaine and Brett's. Speeding more and hoping no cops were nearby, Jeffrey crashed the street as his car's tires creased against the ground. Sky was petrified; she was just about to cross that damned alley. Opening her eyes in terror, she saw a shiny black Porsche Cayenne S blocking the way; she would recognize this car among million of copies. Jeffrey got out of the vehicle, slamming the door.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Can't you drive properly for once!", Sky screamed at him in anger, terrified and breathless.

"Oh, easy there my dear", Jeffrey's calm voice replied as he got closer to her, hands on her shoulders. "I can't drive and you can't read. Each one has their own thing", he added as a disarming smile painted his masculine features.

Sky breathed in annoyance before shaking his hands off her and resuming her way.

"Where are you going?", the tall man asked as he caught her in her motion.

"Home. I'm going home", Sky's voice answered slowly. Jeffrey chuckled, backing himself on his car and crossing his hands in his chiseled chest.

"Get in the car, Sky", he ordered, his voice toneless. Sky froze in her spot, her dark strawberry blond curls falling on her shoulders.

"No", she breathed slowly before taking few steps ahead.

"I said get in the damn car", Jeffrey repeated again, looking at her dead in the eyes. "It's been a month now, Sky. I'm not abducting you; it's just a night out", he whispered before getting himself in the car and opening the passenger door for her. Breathing in annoyance and fear, Sky let herself inside the vehicle before buckling her seat belt. Wearing his sun glasses, Jeffrey adressed her his breathtaking smile before diving away from the alley.