XVII. - Eris and Ares.

Thunder Matthews stumbled around the 49's G&B, before taking a seat on the bar, patiently awaiting the bartender. The place was oddly deserted and calm which made him look around in confusion then he stood up and guided himself to the back of the bar.

Amethyst was drying some cups and swaying at the sensual notes of a song. Thunder leaned on the door frame, crossing his arms around his sturdy chest, watching her in what she believed was solitude. The song continued to play while he just gazed at the way she moved, gracefully. Her hair was a rich shade of mahogany curls that flowed in air as she swung glamorously. Her hips harmoniously swayed in a circular motion and Thunder's eyes embraced her lithe frame before slipping on her bottom. As if she was watching, she wavered her lower body delicately, triggering a warm wave that flowed all over the man's body. The song itself was not really helping him, as it went on and on, describing the sexual intercourse of two people. What was wrong with people, producing such a song? He felt out of space and place as Trey Songz' voice continued to sing about the steamy rendezvous.

"Sweat dripping off your body onto mine, onto mine and it ain't nothing,

Ain't nothing better than when I'm inside. She got her legs on my shoulders, looking in my eyes,

Not the bed or the sofa, getting it in outside, I know that you were scared,

You ain't even want to try , but girl it's no surprise, feels so good I'm 'bout to cry,

While I'm inside..."

Moans and pants filled the room, while Amethyst continued to dance, in complete oblivion. Thunder raised his eyebrows and his mouth parted as if he was about to talk but there was nothing he could say. Dear Lord, those were really actual moans, as if someone was having sex just around. He felt completely out of space and place; his eyes were glued on the girl, sexily moving and dancing in a way that made him want to grab her and dance along with her. He sighed in helplessness as he stared at her. Suddenly, Amethyst interrupted her dancing and turned to face him before releasing a scream of surprise and fear. She threw the cup that was in her hand at him. Thunder leaned just in time before the glass smashed the wall and hit the floor in pieces.

"What is wrong with you!", Thunder's thick voice screamed as he looked behind his back then at the broken glass in terror. "You could've hit me!"

"Next time you'll learn to not sneak on people and watch them like a freaking pervert!", she fired back before bowing down to seize her dishcloth. She exhaled, trying to regulate her unsteady breathing.

"I need a drink", he demanded before leaning on the door frame again. Amethyst seized another glass, drying it. The song was fortunately over and silence filled the place as the girl ignored him.

"I need a drink, for God's sake!", Thunder's voice gritted through his teeth. Amethyst rose her hazel eyes towards him before wickedly smiling at the customer.

"Amethyst!", he growled in anger, stepping towards her. She rose her head to look at him, a tingling sensation quickly built in her stomach before fading away; her name on his lips was a sweet touch that brushed her, even if it was on that howling voice.

"The last call was hours ago. We stop serving alcohol at 2 a.m and we close at 3", she explained in a flat voice. Thunder gazed at his watch; 3.30.

"Crap!", he grumbled before hitting the counter with his foot. She gave him a quick look; he was wearing a black suit that accentuated his body. His hair was lifted on the top into a quiff and reflected the dim light of the room. Though he seemed tired and weary, he somehow still managed to look handsome. Some people were too photogenic for their own sake.