Part Eleven

Okay so lots of important explanation to do before this chapter.  As I said, I am going to be introducing a new character but I felt it would be easier for me to introduce this character with a verbal explanation of him.  Now, if you have read No Prisoners by Karen Traviss,  you can skip the audio clip.  However, if you haven't,  I strongly recommend you check out the audio clip.  The rest of the story will make so much more sense.  Yes, it is eleven and a half minutes but it's not that long... I ramble sorry...
Anyway, at 1:21 there is an abrupt silence, ignore it.  The clip will resume at 1:27-1:30 ish.  Alrighty so click this sentence and listen!

Anakin always liked flying, but never space. It was too cold for him- and the ever growing blackness always chilled him to the bone. Almost like the dark side...

Hands in the yoke of his starfighter, he pushed those thoughts out of his mind and tried to focus on the present. However, he failed and the thoughts were only replaced with the words he spoke to Padmé.

"I won't be gone long, Padmé. I promise you, I'll come back and I'll be the same Anakin you fell in love with. Please, stay with Obi-Wan. He will protect you."

"But I'll have to explain-"

"It's a little too late for that now, don't you think? Our explanation is a little overdue..."

"I guess you are right..."

"I'll find him... he will help me. And maybe... maybe we can have a sort of normal life with our careers."

"Maybe... maybe... Goodbye Ani, please safe. I love you."

"I love you, too, Padmé."

Those words swirling in Anakin's head drove up his determination even further to find his old friend. The obstacle was, he had no idea where the he was now residing.

"Where are you, Master Atlis?"

Djinn Atlis, the leader of a mostly unknown faction of the Jedi; had met Anakin earlier in the Clone Wars during the time when Ahsoka was still his padawan. The Jedi Master actually created a sect of light force users called Altisian Jedi after the Order shut down his ideas of code amendments. It was a definite eye opener for both Anakin and his padawan to meet Jedi so different from them. But what really stood out to the young Jedi was the fact that these Jedi accepted and even embraced the notion of attachment. The idea was foreign to Anakin, who had previously been taught that all Jedi renounced attachment. However, when he met Djinn Atlis, Anakin began to actually view these people as respectable equals and not crazy fanatics as many other Jedi viewed them.

Anakin concluded that Master Atlis was a very wise Jedi after he had spoken privately to him after a mission. Oddly enough, Atlis could tell that Anakin had some sort of attachment and invited him to join their group of Jedi. In that moment, the young Knight didn't give an answer to the master's kind words, but he always kept that invitation in mind. It was a way where he could actually have the life he had always wanted, however, something stopped him from accepting that offer right on the spot. So when Master Atlis finally did depart, Anakin remembered the man telling him that if he ever wanted to find them, he would somehow know where.

Now, in the soul sucking void of space, he had no idea where to even begin his trek to search for these Jedi. They were always travelling, always on the move, another variable that made them harder to track.

Anakin huffed, contemplating returning to his wife-

"No! Don't give up that easily. Let the force be your guide." He mentally chastised to himself. Letting go of his firm hold on the yoke, Anakin exhaled slowly and closed his eyes. He began to breath deeply, reaching out into the tendrils on the force rooted into the universe. Anakin's mind eventually cleared and it allowed him to touch the light side of the force. Being truthful to himself, he missed this side of the force and was glad that the light was gentle. It was a stark contrast to the soul piercing, dark side of the force. The light wrapped him in a loving embrace and Anakin channeled that energy, allowing it to flow through him.

"Anakin!" A deep, familiar voice called out in his mind. The young man looked around in shock, seeing that no one was there to claim the voice.

"H-hello?" Anakin said and continued to keep on guard, checking his port for any incoming ships of any kind.

"Anakin. Do you not remember me?" The voice continued to talk and Anakin shook his head.

"No, where- who are you?"

"Anakin, I am surprised you have forgotten your first master."

Anakin's eyes widened as his hands tightened around the yoke.

"Qui-Gon?" He asked, knowing that his former master was now with the force. "How-?"

"It is not important in the moment for you to be asking me how I have retained my consciousness. What is important is that I am here talking with you now. I have seen that you are suffering, you need help." Qui-Gon explained. Anakin sighed but nodded.

"It's- I thought the dark side could help me. I-I was wrong. Now I am looking for a man called Djinn-"

"Atlis?"

"Yes, an old friend of yours." He could hear the knight groan within the force as an acknowledgment.

"Yes, a good man indeed. However, might I enquire why you are looking for him?" Qui-Gon asked.

"It's complicated-"

"Not as complicated as preserving your consciousness in the force I assure you." The voice interrupted, Anakin couldn't help but laugh slightly. However, he sobered up when he thought about Padmé.

"I've been having these disturbing... dreams. Dreams that are so real and they are of someone I care about."

"Your wife?" That caused Anakin to raise a brow.

"How did you-?"

"I am one with the force Anakin," Qui-Gon chuckled, "I know a great deal of things."

"Well, yes, about Padmé. In my dream, she dies. I can't lose her, I can't Qui-Gon. That is why I am searching for Master Atlis. The dark side of the force didn't help like I thought it would but I can't go back to the traditional Jedi. But these Jedi, they allow attachment. And I know that Master Atlis will help me through these problems since he doesn't frown upon attachment." Anakin told the force ghost and he could almost see his old master nod.

"Ah, I see. Perhaps I can be of assistance after all. If you want to find Master Atlis, just remember the thrill of podracing. And now, I must depart. I apologize for this abrupt action but Anakin, may the force be with you, always."

"Wait, Qui-Gon-!" Anakin yelled but he could feel through the force that his old friend had departed. He gave a huff and used a hand to rub the back of his neck.

"Could you be even more vague?" Anakin thought, irritated that Qui-Gon gave him such a useless clue.

"Remember the thrill of podracing..." He muttered and shook his head. Images of sand swirling in his face, the rush of speed, the heat pounding on his back, the announcers of the Boonta Eve-

A breath of air was sucked out of Anakin's lungs as the meaning of Qui-Gon's words dawned on him.

"Tatooine."

Okay! Here we gooooooo! Sorry if it was kinda short and boring but I needed to sort of introduce Djinn Atlis.  It'll get better.