Chapter 13: Lies & Confusion

JORDYN'S POV:

The person next to Taylor was.. my dad. I thought he was dead. The nurses told my mom, sister, and I that he was.
Flashback**
My mom, sister, and I were having a nice dinner at the house. We laughed, chatted about the most stupidest stuff, and ate one of the most delicious dinners ever.  My mom got up to answer the phone. After eating, I washed all the dishes while my sister was watching PLL. Damn, it was loud.
"LAUREN! LOWER THE VOLUME WOULD YOU?", I yelled.
"OKAY, SORRY", She replied.
I finished washing all the dishes. Then, I sat to watch another episode of PLL.
Suddenly, my mom came in the living room with the phone in her hand and a red face. She looked at us and we stared back. She dropped the phone and fell to her knees and started sobbing. She looked broken. Me and Lauren sat on the floor with her.
"Mom, what happened?", I asked.
She was still sobbing.
"Your d-dad", she said. Yet, barely any words spoke out,"H-he's dead."
I stopped. It felt like I froze in time. Stared blankly at the wall. Then, it hit me. Tears. It flooded so fast and my sister was in tears too. We all felt so broken without him. We loved him so much.
(30 minutes later)
We were done crying for now. I was still confused. How did he die? When did he die? What the hell happened? My mom answered all of those questions.
"When your dad was on that business trip, it was the first day and he didn't feel right. Every morning, he lost a lot of his hair, and nose bleeds would occur 2-3 times every day. He would also feel woozy and would constantly fall on his knees. He didn't take it so seriously. Thought, it would be a one time thing. He was wrong. It took about 13 days and he finally decided to go to the hospital. The doctor told him he was diagnosed with leukemia. A blood cancer. Nurses supposedly gave him all the medication he needed and it still didn't help. 6 days later, he was dead. He died yesterday. I cried and cried and ran to my room, shut the door and climbed into bed. I sobbed, screamed, and grabbed the roots of my hair. It felt like I was going insane. I felt like dying all over again.
End of flashback**
"I thought you were dead!", I screamed.
"Jordyn, honey. I never died. I just thought faking my death would be a great way to leave all of my misery which was you guys. Why did you ever think I left for that "business trip" or whatever?
Buuut, I didn't feel right. I wanted to get rid of my misery. I wanted to destroy it. I had to destroy you. Also, what better way to destroy it was to get rid of you, Lauren, and your pathetic mom. Just so that my never ending suffering well let's just see here, come to an end.", He said.
I was more confused than ever. In fact, I was also lied to. Especially when it was from my own dad. I was boiled up with anger.
"Why the hell are you doing this?! Why can't you just leave my family alone?!", I yelled.
"Well-", he said before somebody in the dark cut him off.
The figure took one step forward to show my sister Lauren. What the f*ck was she doing here?
"If we captured you, he would leave the rest of our family alone. Not just mom and I, but the whole entire family. I'm sorry Jordyn.", she said looking down.
"Give me my gun Lauren", my dad demanded.
"Wait, what are you going to do? You said we would just capture her, not harm anybody.", she said.
"JUST GIVE ME MY DAMN GUN!!", he practically yelled.
She looked over at me and gave me that look. That look like some plan.
She walked over to the gun. Then, grabbed it, and pointed it at our dad.
"Let them go. They're innocent.", she said shaking.
"Very, very bad idea Lauren", he said and looked at her.
He quickly grabbed the gun from her and pointed it and took my arm.
"JORDYN!", Lauren yelled at ran toward me. He shot her in the arm and pointed it at my head.
"NOOO, JUST STOP. LET THEM GO AND JUST TAKE ME. PLEASE DONT HURT THEM", I said sobbing.
Taylor screamed "LET HER GO" with the bandana over his mouth.
My dad took me away still with gun pointed at my head.

TAYLOR'S POV:

"NOOO", I screamed still with the bandana over my mouth.
He took the one I love away from me.
I looked at Lauren. I needed her to get this rope off of me. She read my mind and she took it off. Though, she struggled considering the fact that she has a bleeding arm. I told her to call the police while I chase after them. I fled and quickly went through the big hole in the wall. I ran and ran as fast as I could. They were already in the car. It was too late.