Prologue

"Wha- no! I won't be done with unpacking by then!" Cody protested to Tyler's plan for them to come visit him immediately next weekend. "And you think we'd care about the mess?" Tyler smirked.

"I'd love a road trip!" Lui giggled.

"A road trip that would take us like what, a week minimum?" Arlan crossed his arms.

"Yeah, the teachers would be on our asses after that," David sighed.

Cody smirked and nodded at Tyler, him sighing, "Fineee. But we're coming sooner or later!"

"How about fall break then?" Evan suggested.

"YES! We're coming fall break!" Tyler instantly agreed, making Cody chuckle.

Jonathan sighed. It was Saturday. The week had gone by so quickly that honestly none of them had had enough time to spend with Cody before he leaves.

He still hadn't shaken off last week's shenanigans, either. Especially how Eddie, Nick and Ryan apologised to them straight on Monday in school. Harley apparently got sent to juvie for a month. And then everything turned normal in a snap. But Jonathan was still on the edge. Aaron and Ethan had escaped that night. They might call a bigger team to help take everyone down now. His friends were in danger one way or another.

Scott had gotten free on Tuesday and his medical bill wasn't actually that big. They told him where his mother was and he was a bit sad about that, but he didn't really want to go see her either, probably risking her going completely nuts. Jonathan convinced Charlotte for Scott to stay with them for the time being.

Another thing. Luke and everyone else made up, but quickly forgot about him when he left. He suspected that's what Luke, or James, really wanted so he could make a return and fuck shit up. He doubted his oldest best friend's intentions! And he was a 1000 miles away!

"Del!" Cody snapped him out of his thoughts. Jonathan shook his head, his bangs flying around since he wasn't wearing his mask around them anymore. "Huh, I'm sorry."

Cody smiled, "Don't worry, things are gonna turn for the better."

"...Am I really that readable?"

"With your mask off, yes." Craig smirked. Jonathan sighed.

"Cody, we gotta go!" Cody's older brother shouted from the moving truck.

"Well," Cody sighed. "Bye guys."

"Have a safe trip," Evan said as everyone glomped Cody.

"Oh god I can't breathe!" Cody laughed.

Everybody let go and grinned at Cody, him nodding with a smile and walking away.

Brian looked at Brock. "Dude!"

"Hmm? Oh! Yeah! Cody wait!" Brock ran after Cody. Cody turned around.

"Remember this?" Brock took out an MP3 player. Cody's eyes widened. "Holy shit, where did you find this out from?"

"I had apparently left it in the cellar all along," Brock chuckled and handed the item to Cody.

"All my old songs are still here... I don't listen to half of this crap now!" Cody laughed.

He looked at Brock, him smiling.

'I shouldn't have even written that. Fuck it,'

"I have something for you too," Cody fetched a folded up piece of paper from his backpack.

"I want you to read this like, next week. Don't read it immediately!" Cody handed it to Brock.

"Okay...well, bye then!"