Sleepover: The Early Birds

With much persuasion, everyone was able to get the 31st of December free from any household stuff so the guys could spend the new year together with a sleepover.

The unlucky host was, or were, Evan and Jonathan.

Evan's father left on the 28th. Evan was crying silently all the way home although he didn't say so. Jonathan comforted him nonetheless, Evan eventually falling asleep on Jonathan's lap only to get woken up about ten minutes after by Jonathan trying to pick him up.

"What."

"Why the fuck are you so heavy!" Jonathan whined and Evan blinked at him, still dazed from the little nap. "How long was I..."

"Uh...ten minutes? Hhh," Jonathan wheezed and then knelt in front of the open car door, putting his head to the seat inside and huffing. Evan raised his upper half up and smiled at the other. "You were actually gonna carry me?"

"Of course!" Jonathan stood up again. Evan giggled and stepped out of the car, closing the door. He took Jonathan's hand.

"What?" Jonathan looked down, blushing at Evan's fingers reaching for the keys that were also in his hand. Evan swiftly took them and locked the car doors.

Jonathan blinked at him as Evan still put the keys back in the other's hands, lingering there.

"I love you," Evan said sweetly.

"YOU TWO ARE GOING TO CATCH A MOTHERFUCKING COLD IF YOU DON'T GET INSIDE RIGHT NOW!" Charlotte was heard screaming at the front door. Jonathan quickly muttered a "I love you too," and turned around, leaving Evan's warm hand while his had already been cooled down from the outside weather.

Evan had been pretty quiet for the next days and Jonathan hoped this sleepover thingy would help him a bit. Charlotte went away yesterday, on the 30th, for another business trip. Work really never stops for that lady. Or else Jonathan wouldn't be living in this town, in the apparently rich neighbourhood.

"Hey," Jonathan nudged Evan who was sitting on a bar stool near the kitchen counter. "Mm," Evan answered but didn't take his eyes off from his laptop.

"Nogla just called me because he couldn't reach you...and told me he'd be arriving earlier than the others because he wanted to get away from his older brothers."

"Cool."

Jonathan frowned and walked around the kitchen counter to the fridge, getting himself a can of Fanta. He cracked it open and sipped it lightly, putting it on the kitchen counter and glancing over at Evan again.

His usual spikes of hair hadn't seen the light of day in 4 days, but he also looked really hot with messy hair. 'Brain pls,' Jonathan scolded himself. The asian also had bags under his eyes, but so did Jonathan, heh. He still had his pyjamas on, despite it being the middle of the day. And people would arrive in the evening around 6, David now earlier.

"Watcha doing?" Jonathan asked finally, breaking the tense silence.

"I found a meme thread," Evan smiled slightly.

"Because I was hoping we could...do something before the others get here."

Evan finally looked at Jonathan, suddenly surprised at the other's pained face. "What do you have in mind?"

"Go buy fireworks...and just get out of the house."

"Sure," Evan did a few clicks on his laptop and closed it, standing up and walking away. Jonathan sighed, "Now I know how he felt the whole time, huh. Karma to the max."